• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    AME
    by Ianh πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ ( Commander)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    9 Posts 8 Replies 0 Photos 18 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Wish I was Bill,
    I'd be 15 years younger πŸ˜‰
    Oh no! I'd have to go back to work!!! 😝
    "I think I'd better think it out again!"
    😎
    Young at heart πŸ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    ToraDog
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Bill, When I was younger, my mother would tell me to stop playing with models and "grow up". Fortunately, I learned to tune her out at a young age. 😁
    Scratchbuilder
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    ToraDog.
    Your as old as your model boats πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Regards Bill
    Bill
    ToraDog
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    We tend to forget that the hobby and art of modeling started a wee bit before the internet, the TV, the radio, the telegraph, and the Pony Express, to mention a few. take someone form this modern world, remove all contact to the world and then see if that individual doesn't find some pursuit, hobby or other interest to keep their mind engaged and their spirit up. I spend lot's of time on the computer, but four times more in my cave with my models. Does that show my age?😁
    Scratchbuilder
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Gt108.
    I agree,it is sad that our hobby is on the decline,because of various game machines and computers.
    I am proud to say that two of my Grandchildren love Grandad’s love of Model boat building.
    We build together and they know that when the time comes they have boats to take on and cherish long after I have gone.
    They build there own,from advice from their Dad,who I taught.
    Bring it on Grandad’s.
    Grandad Power !!!
    Regards Bill.
    Bill
    Newby7
    Commodore
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hobbies in most cases are declining and young blood into a hobby does not happen often.I think most of us grew up making a model of some sort over the years.These days the young have computer and on line to keep them busy and gaming is a big part for them.There hobby I think.
    Rick
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 16 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I think this applies to most hobbies, a lack of young blood. Alice's main hobby is amateur radio and associated radio repairing etc, but she says it is rare to see anyone younger than fiftieish at a radio club or show. Then think of stamp collecting, how many people collect stamps these days, but when I was a kid, everybody did and there were stamp shops everywhere, now, youngsters are likely to ask what a stamp is. In reality the only hobby that most people have is playing video games and associated things. My great nephew is an example of this, he lives games, his only friends are similar minded youngster all over the world, playing games and he lives in a household where everyone except him, paints, sews, crafts, writes, dabbles in antiques and antiquarian books or something equally rewarding.

cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Gt108
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 6 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sign of the times, like all similar model building hobbies there are few youngsters who are interested in using their hands to create things, they are obsessed with plugging their brains into virtual worlds of video games. As we oldies disappear our models may linger on as curiosities for a while then ultimately end up in the scrap heap..unfortunately without young blood filling the ranks its extinction.
    Ianh
    Commander
    πŸ“ AME
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    And another magazine stops publishing!
    For all those steam boys out there Australian Model Engineer which was one of the better magazines written by hobbyists has ceased publication from January 2021. This was a worthwhile magazine and true value for money
    Only old in years not mind or soul.

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info