I made this from a 54" long piece of Melamine shelving. shallow cut a centre ine down the middle 1/16" wide.
The board was then marked into 2" squares using a laundry marker. The design concept was from a fuselage jig I had made by SLEC. The holes required for the brackets are M5 with captive ( T nuts) underneath pulled up into the bottom of the board. The red tape down the centre is masking tape
( the high quality stuff) this was to stop the boat glueing itself to the board. As the the keel has a skeg we needed to raise the keel to ensure parallelism I used an Enginerers Marking out block and two doorstops on this.The angles can slide and you then clamp the Bulwarks on I used thirty minute epoxy
for this although I would like a longer working time epoxy
. Bulwarks 3 and 4 with the motor
base was also epoxied together.
This was then located on the keey ( Dryfit along with the other bulkheads
. A word of advice
here use the cabin
sides to ensure alignment. Check with a rule and squares before gluing anything.