• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Not sure which way to go
    by neilmc πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Warrant Officer)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    12 Posts 11 Replies 0 Photos 40 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Not sure which way to go
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Neil,
    The guys here are a great bunch as you know.
    We all enjoy making our models and talking about them so if you can manage both it will be really great.
    We are here to help if we can so just shout.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Nerys
    Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 26 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Neil,
    I like your attitude, 'I'd rather be posting on here', please do, we need all the posts we can get, to provoke as much discussion as possible. Building boats is just as, if not more, important, but it's discussion we urgently need to wake this sleeping giant up again and make it the super interesting place it once was.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    neilmc
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Stephen

Not embarrassing at all.......I think I have a couple floating around as it's been so long in getting to this point πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ€£
    I think I'd rather be posting on here than building which is my problem πŸ˜†
    Hopefully get some new posts and move this on some more
    Cheers Neil
    Learning so much more with each reply to my posts. One day I may have a boat in the water πŸ€”
    GaryLC
    Midshipman
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Neil, as the onwards and upwards didn't help you let's try something else instead. Ten dollar question what are you building? Is this a kit, scratch-built, or whatever, what is the hull made from, plastic, fiberglass, or timber? Is the hull complete with fittings, as in wash-ports, hawser holes, prop-shaft, rudder, etc? I think a few photos would definitely help to clarify your present predicament and be very helpful for us outsiders offering advice. What will be your power source, (I would love you to say STEAM,) but that is probably unlikely as I do appreciate it is a little expensive. So basically the situation is a little more information please, and I shall consult the oracle on your behalf. Regards Gary.
    Gary Steam Marine, the only way to go.
    stevedownunder
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Neil,

Sorry, that's embarrassing, just as I was posting I did think I hope there isn't an existing blog. I'll check it out.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    neilmc
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Stephen
    I have a very embarrassongly old build blog that I started 6 years ago 🀣 its almost a all the tools and bits but no knowledge blog 🀣
    It's titled - Crash Tender Restoration after Plywood Delimitation
    I will keep it updated though once I get started again
    Cheers Neil
    Learning so much more with each reply to my posts. One day I may have a boat in the water πŸ€”
    neilmc
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Onwards and upwards is a great motto I just need to master the Onwards bit as opposed to the upwards struggle of knowing what to do.....or over thinking 🀣🀣🀣
    Good to see you're in agreement with Rick and to go for the hull first then the rest later. A real good point on spraying and hopefully the weather holds for the next month or so.....but it is the UK πŸ€”
    I'm going with both of you and hopefully get something done this weekend.
    Cheers Neil
    stevedownunder
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Neil,

For my 2 cents worth why not start a build log then we can follow along, just an idea.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    GaryLC
    Midshipman
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Neil, and not sure which way to go, that is easy and there is only one answer to that question. Onwards and Upwards my friend, onwards and upwards in some sort of logical order. I would also take into account the weather is changing and getting colder, if you are paint spraying outside then do it sooner rather than later. The order you build is entirely up to you and very much your choice, though normally I would say sort the hull first, followed by whatever goes inside it, then maybe the deck followed by the superstructure and fittings. It really doesn't matter about the order it goes together, as long as it ends up as a boat in one piece. Onwards and Upwards Neil, don't forget. Regards, Gary.
    Gary Steam Marine, the only way to go.
    neilmc
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Rick
    Thanks for the reply and guidance which I'll be taking onboard, as mulling over its the most sensible route.
    Finishing off the hull also gives me some more time to figure out the best layout for electrics based on all the blogs.....no point in reinventing the wheel 😊
    Thanks again much appreciated
    Neil
    Show 2 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info