Electrics arriving in dribs and drabs - the two 6v NiMh batteries sit nicely either side of where the engine will be installed so I made 'compartments' for them which they fit snugly and there'll be no risk of them falling out - seemed neater and more secure than using velcro and they're easy to extract.
The twin Vickers turret and Carley float arrived from Battlecraft and they really look the thing - had fun painting them and completing the engine hatch which they'll be attached to.
Did a rough positioning of the gizzards (I bottled making the engine mount and ordered one on fleabay but it'll take a while to arrive so I'll have to wait awhile to seat and seal the prop shaft.
Fitted the portholes (unglazed - I'll glaze them after the hull is painted) and decided to see if she'd float and see how much ballast I'll need.
I remembered to seal the prop shaft aperture with duct tape, filled her with the engine, batteries etc and gingerly lowered her into the churning maelstrom of our bathtub. Phew! I had a nasty moment when I saw a glittering on one side at the bottom, but fortunately only the bathroom light reflecting off some wood glue. She was floating about half an inch below the waterline so I used whatever was to hand as ballast. I'll need 450g near the bow and another 600g just astern of the engine compartment. Once the ballast's in I can get the deck down.