• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Mary Ann by Billing
    by roycv ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Warrant Officer)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    4 Posts 3 Replies 0 Photos 12 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Griss
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Mary Ann by Billing
    Flag
    Online: 2 months ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Honesty best policy
    roycv
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Mary Ann by Billing
    Flag
    Online: 37 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Dave it is sheer laziness on my part I have over 40 model boats and yachts apart from other builds for others and restorations.
    I am off to Australia at the end of the month for 5 weeks and hope to have a lazy time so might put my mind to putting some piccys up.
    Thanks for taking the interest though.
    regards
    Roy
    dave976
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Mary Ann by Billing
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Sounds like a good find. Many ships had similar hull shapes so I am not surprised Billing chose to model different vessels with similar hulls,
    I bought four of those small ESC from Bangood last autumn and they were really cheap. Not sure about the current capability but they ran a speed 600 at 12v without problem and I believe mine also worked in reverse. Not tried on the lake but I have a small cabin cruiser that I intend to use as a test so I was very interested to hear about your experience.
    Be good to see your fleet on the water - would look really impressive
    Cheers
    dave 976
    roycv
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Mary Ann by Billing
    Flag
    Online: 37 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi all this is what you might call an odd getting together. Probably about 40 years back I bought a Billing Cux 87 model boat kit in a sale and I also had a Mary Ann fittings kit and I wanted to convert the Cux to a Mary Ann.
    This was brought to mind by the Fiffie posting which is a similar looking hull. I put together the frames on the keel and then it got left as the RC was a bit of a problem.

Leaping forward to a few months ago we had a club auction and a Mary Ann seemingly complete with fittings was bought by me for a ludicrously small amount.
    When home I checked the contents against the web site and there were just 2 sheets of printed wood missing and these were the frames and keel and deck.

I checked out the Billing Mary Ann and Cux 87, Billing version, on the web site and noticed that the hull and keel used exactly the same printed sheets, with the same code numbers. So Mary Ann and Cux 87 have the same hull!

So my started Cux hull will be finished with a Mary Ann kit. All the fittings are brass, shame about the new ones being wood etc. Makes some of them very delicate.

I have 2 Mary Ann's already, one sailing and one 95% done, sailed and tested but leaks although this has been sorted, so looks like I shall have my own fishing fleet soon.

I am using monoperm motors replacement prop tubes and propellors with a very small esc, just a pcb the size of a large postage stamp with a rather high rating of 20 amps, I paid ยฃ2.50 for them but they have gone up a lot now.
    Current is about 1 amp on 7.2 volts and they run forever! If you use these esc's they have a brake which can be turned off with the smallest switch mounted on the pcb that I have ever seen.
    regards
    Roy

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info