• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Wanted - Lesro Stiletto Plans/Kit/Part built/Damaged - Wanted
    by Madwelshman ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Midshipman)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    10 Posts 9 Replies 5 Photos 10 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Madwelshman
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ“ Wanted - Lesro Stiletto Plans/Kit/Part built/Damaged - Wanted
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Dave, I do have 2 view plans for one or two of Aerokits and one or two Veron boats.

I have to admit, I would prefer to get hold of a set of Stiletto plans or a kit somewhere between unstarted and damaged that I can use to copy parts from, mainly because I don't know for sure which of the parts that came in the Stiletto box are actually for that boat, or if any of them go with the Sea Commander sides that were also in the box when it arrived.

I'll keep searching for a bit longer and if nothing shows up, then I'll have to explore other avenues.

Will
    Precedent Perkasa MTB 49 1/2" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 46" Veron Fairey Huntsman 28 42" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 36" Aerokits Sea Commander 34" Aerokits Sea Rover 29 1/2" SLEC Fairey Huntress 23"
    zooma
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    Online: 18 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thank you Will.

With your inspiration (and your cabin sides etc๐Ÿคฃ) I will be able to add a Sea Commander to my classic model powerboat fleet.

I have already made templates for the keel and doublers, but need to get some drawings to make templates for the bulkheads as the kit plans that I have don't show these.

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Never too old to learn
    dave976
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Will
    Glad to help. Do you have any other Les Rowell plans - he followed similar techniques with many of his models so you could probably draw out a rough plan from the formers you already have and make a mock up using card and strip wood. Send me a pm if you think some of his other plans may help. I love scratch building and this could be an interesting exercise. You could strike lucky and find a plan or another model but I haven't seen one for many years.
    dave976
    Madwelshman
    Midshipman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thank you Dave.
    I love these old adverts, they're great to see.
    I think it really will still take a plan or someone with an unbuilt kit to draw around the parts for me to be doubly sure what I have and haven't got, plus to be able to make the missing parts to get it built up.

Will
    Precedent Perkasa MTB 49 1/2" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 46" Veron Fairey Huntsman 28 42" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 36" Aerokits Sea Commander 34" Aerokits Sea Rover 29 1/2" SLEC Fairey Huntress 23"
    dave976
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Will
    Came across this advert from 1976 showing pics of the Lesro Range including the Stiletto. May help with identifying what bits you have. May help jog a few memories as well
    dave 976
    Madwelshman
    Midshipman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Bob, I'm really pleased that you are going to build a Sea Commander, I know they are pretty common, but you haven't got one as yet.
    I'm my opinion, they're a good looking boat and again, they're a boot size model, for those odd occasions you spot a suitable area of water to test out whilst out and about.
    I'm sure your good lady will totally understand this ๐Ÿ˜

Will
    zooma
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Don't worry Will - nothing will get wasted.

With some help with the Stiletto plans or parts drawings we can get that Stiletto built and out on the water.

......and we will cut the missing parts for that Sea Commander and get it put together and finished too.

I have an Aerokits Sea Commander plan so we don't need any help to get that one back on the water again.

We must rescue any classic model power boat that we can and get them back into active service again.

I have really enjoyed running my Rapier since it was rescued from a skip at the star of lockdown, and I would love to have a "mini Rapier" (Stiletto) to keep in the car.........for emergency use ๐Ÿคฃ
    Never too old to learn
    Madwelshman
    Midshipman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks Bob, there must be someone out there who still has a Stiletto plan.
    As you say, it would mean another classic saved and enjoyed. Otherwise, the parts that i do have, presuming some of them are Stiletto, would just be wasted/scrap which would be a shame.

Will
    zooma
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Will,

I hope you can find somebody who has a LesRo Stiletto plan that they can either sell or copy for you as it would be really nice to see another one of these classic model power boats back on the water again.

Bob.
    Never too old to learn
    Madwelshman
    Midshipman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi folks,

I bought an old Lesro Stiletto kit fairly recently, but on inspection I found that there are lots of parts missing or broken and there are no plans with it, so I haven't got anything to reference to make the missing/damaged parts.

If anyone has a Lesro Stiletto plan, a kit (unbuilt, part built or even damaged) that they would consider selling, please get in touch.

Many thanks in advance for any offers or suggestions.

Will

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info