• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Problems with RC Model Yacht Hurricane Racing Sailing Model
    by Jimbob901 ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Leading Seaman)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    6 Posts 5 Replies 1 Photo 6 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Jimbob901
    Leading Seaman
    ๐Ÿ“ Problems with RC Model Yacht Hurricane Racing Sailing Model
    Flag
    Online: 35 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Dave976 thank you for your reply have been in touch with Volantex & found out the winch etc is all factory set also ordered a couple of spare reels of twine just in case I think I am almost there but its a bit fiddly ๐Ÿ‘
    dave976
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 15 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Jimbob901
    I have looked on line for details of the Hurricane and see it is an RTR model from Volantex. according to the specs the radio is in a self contained box in the model and all the difficult parts of the rigging are pre installed. Instructions are provided to allow the purchaser to attach the sails and rigging so if it is this part that has become tangled then removing and refixing according to the instructions should solve your problem. As others have correctly stated there are many ways to rig a yacht and there is much help on line and via Utube to see how to proceed.
    Your model however has a sealed bespoke system and I suspect uses their own design for the rigging so is probably not modifyable.
    If there is a model boat club near to you I suggest you seek their advice as there will be experienced yachtsmen who may be willing and able to help.
    If any member on this site has a Volantex Hurricane yacht I would hope they would offer their advice as that would be comparing like with like.
    My own club sails similar RTR models and they are generally good sailers but my RG65 was an early version and was not the easiest to rig initially but sailed beautifully.
    Good luck and I hope you can find the help to fix your model
    Dave976
    ravenstruther
    Recruit
    Flag
    Online: 17 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I use IOM yachts and I think the winch should be similar on your yacht. I am including a link to the winch type I have used as it has a diagram of the layout. In order to maintain tension on the winch drum you need to create a loop with a spring or elastic to maintain tension. The line to the jib and mainsail are connected to the loop. This the link https://www.rmgsailwinch.com.au/rmg/pages/UserGuideG.html
    You will also find help on the MYA website here https://www.mya-uk.org.uk/
    https://www.rmgsailwinch.com.au/rmg/pages/UserGuideG.html
    ๐Ÿ”—
    https://www.mya-uk.org.uk/
    ๐Ÿ”—
    roycv
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    Online: 15 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Some years ago I rigged the inside of an RC yacht and it was always going wrong and because it was hidden under the deck it was a problem. The lines were always getting tangled.
    I put it all to one side for a year or so.

Then I decided I must work out why. I released the unit and brought it out into the open and it seemed to work OK. Then I realised my error!

I had attached the jib line to the elasticated return line, it should have been on the winched in side of the lines.
    All works fine now and an easy error to make.
    Regards
    Roy
    Fodigo
    Able Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Winch can be rigged a few different ways. Some winch spools run a trolley that you attach the sail line to whilst others are just direct drive (spoiling it up and running it out the rear loop). But that last way needs some sort of cord retainer or it will unspool freely when there is no load. Which might be missing on yours. In that case, either get a new spool or use a long servo arm๐ŸคžGood luck
    Jimbob901
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 35 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Model Boaters I am a newbie to RC Model Yachts so I purchased a pre made kit from eBay.
    I have encountered issues with the re threading of my sail winch servo
    after it got into a right mess is there anybody who could offer me any useful advice " Yes shouldn`t have bothered stick to electric RC boats"

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info