help with model of boats

Started by Stephen T
6 replies 15 likes Last activity: 4 years ago
#7

help with model of boats

Aerokits version has the portholes, other kit versions they were missing.
Cheers Colin.
Fair winds and calm waters,
COLIN.
Liked by Rookysailor and hermank and
#6

help with model of boats

One difference I know between SLEC version and the aerokits is that the front wheelhouse windows have very much more rounded corners on the front windows. I know because the window kit that I bought from SLEC had the rounded window frames and didn't fit on my 50 year old model. SLEC were brilliant as they asked me to trace the window frames and then they made a set of 3 to match my model. They are so very helpful. 😊😊
Liked by RonBMK2 and hermank and
#5

help with model of boats

StephenT, 1st picture certainly looks like the Aerokits version, do you have the rescue hoist which can be fitted either side on the centre deck where the cutouts are in the rear cabin roof.
It certainly deserves a refurbishment to bring her back to life.
Cheers Colin.
Fair winds and calm waters,
COLIN.
Liked by hermank
#4

help with model of boats

one is this boat i know its history i know to be a keil craft boat as this model came from the works was a test model hence why I have bothered re building her the other I was told was aero kits version
Stephen james tucker
Liked by RonBMK2 and hermank and
#3

help with model of boats

I agree Duncan,
No pics -> No clue🤔
😎
Young at heart 😉 Slightly older in other places.😊 Cheers Doug
Liked by Colin H
#1

help with model of boats

I have two boats similar size of Raf Fire boats one is clearly a Aero kits model and the other has differences is it a Kiel craft one and is it the same boat like the Slec model and Vintage model works version both are the large size ones both had petrol engines originally bit confused not that it matters but nice to know
Stephen james tucker
Liked by hermank

Sign in to add to this thread.

Delete this post?

It will be removed from the site.

Discard this draft?

Your draft will be deleted and cannot be recovered.

You have an unfinished draft

What would you like to do with it?