• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Save £50 when you join Bulb
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Krick and Hobbyking
    by MouldBuilder πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Sub-Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    10 Posts 9 Replies 0 Photos 21 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    MouldBuilder
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    Online: 17 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Doug. That is very useful information on the charging of LiPo`s. I usually restrict to 2A. I will reduce in future.πŸ‘
    I recently bought a plane to try again. I fly well with flight sim X but as soon as I get behind an RC, I panic and CRUNCH. I am trying to find a really cheap plane to fly that will bounce so that I can man up and stop the immediate panic on take off.😁
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    "I've got so many batteries (you do with planes, about a grands worth!, some I haven't used yet) so I won't be needing too many until I've worn these out, (still using some I bought in 2011,- always balance charge at low rate). "
    Same here JB, although I don't do planes anymore.
    Two prangs and a fly-away was enough for meπŸ€”
    I always charge at max 1A as well. Usually nearer 500mA.
    All this cr*p about fast charging at XXXC is just marketing rhubarb to get you to ruin your batteries and buy more!
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    Young at heart - slightly older in other places πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    jbkiwi
    Captain
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    Online: 16 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Re - Bad luck JB!πŸ€”
    That's 'Middle Earth to you'! You guys have it pretty good being so close to so many countries Doug, you must be spoilt for choice. We have/had? a Hobby King depot here, never used it, prices were the same (if they had it) and I've got so many batteries (you do with planes, about a grands worth!, some I haven't used yet) so I won't be needing too many until I've worn these out, (still using some I bought in 2011,- always balance charge at low rate).
    Newer HK batteries are crap, early ones were much better quality as were their motors, (still using some 10yr old 42/60 'gold' motors on original bearings.) Just changed 35/48 1100kv motor in my BD6 and found the inner bearing was stuffed already (5 flights,- last brand new motor I bought from HK!) Earlier model of the same motor still good after 8 years!
    One good thing about boats is you don't have to thrash the batteries as much!
    JB
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Bad luck JB!πŸ€”
    S'pose that's what comes from living at "the end of the Earth"!
    I get my HK/HW stuff from the EU depot in Holland.
    Comes by DHL in a few days.
    After one bad, expensive experience with customs charges on a shipment from Hong Kong I only now order when the item is In Stock at the EU depot.
    Can't get paints delivered from UK now either.
    Fortunately I found a German dealer for the old White Ensign naval Colour Coats paints.
    The only ones I needed from UK. Life Colours I get direct from Italy (DHL) and Revell and Humbrol are all over the place here. Revell in many supermarkets.
    LiPos I get from Krick or a manufacturer "just up the road" in NΓΌrnberg.
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    jbkiwi
    Captain
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    Online: 16 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Wait till you have to get a LiPo from Hobby King in Australia (won't send them from Hong Kong and they have to come by sea freight from Aust) and you have to pay a Std rate of $15 NZ to get a $12 battery. I hardly bother with them any more as the freight charges to NZ from Hong Kong and Aust are ridiculous (and you still have to wait a month usually!). I can get similar items from EBay etc, cheaper and NO shipping charges!
    I bought stuff from HK for about 10 yrs and they used to allow people to have their say on reviews etc, but people complained that a lot of bad reviews about HK service were removed. I notice now that they seem to have deleted all the old reviews and comments and have started from scratch. Now with branches in other countries they may have improved.
    A while back now, I think the Aussie owner of HK may have annoyed the Hong Kong officials, as before all this LiPo 'danger' happened, all the carriers in Hong Kong suddenly refused to carry LiPos, glue and all sorts of model stuff, (I could still get these from 2 other local Hong Kong hobby shops I was using though). He seemed to be having all sorts of trouble finding people to ship stuff from Hong Kong, and was from memory shipping through the Philippines or Indonesia. Do you guys get your HK supplies from your UK HK branch or from the main branch in Hong Kong?
    JB
    Rookysailor
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    Online: 6 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Your comments about HobbyKing are correct Pete, I have never had to return anything (yet), but the service is 1st class, they usually let me know when there is an offer of free p&p, and keep me up to date on delivery via text messages, and they are great on prices. Can;t say much about Krick, other than there Grimmershorn has turned out a nice ship.😊

cheers Peter😐
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Agreed Pete πŸ‘
    MouldBuilder
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Doug.
    Even deliveries to the UK are good and their prices are good compared to a lot of OEM suppliers.
    Pete.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I second that PeteπŸ‘
    I buy most of my supplies from Krick.
    A few more esoteric odd and ends from Hobbyking/Hobbywing.
    So far no complaints at all, and very quick delivery from Krick, often next day.😊
    Doug😎
    MouldBuilder
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Krick and Hobbyking
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi guys and Gals.
    I do not blow the trumpet for suppliers too often but I just have to mention the superb customer service I have received from both Krick and Hobbyking.
    1) Krick. The Dusseldorf model from Krick I am currently building has a superstructure mainly formed by one piece of blow moulded clear Lexan which incorporates all of the windows also. The windows are covered by preformed stick on masks which are supplied on a pre-cut sheet. Just peel and fix. Well, I peeled and fixed a few a little out of place. They were so difficult to remove that I damaged the corners. Not much good for spraying.
    I wrote a note on their web site asking if they could give me a price for a replacement sheet. They wrote back the next day saying they would replace it f.o.c. True to their word, it arrived today, three days after my request. Well done Krick. Good products too I might add.
    2) Hobbyking. I like Hobbyking. The products are good but their customer service is excellent. Over the last couple of years I have made many purchases and two have gone wrong.The first was a Li-Po battery. One cell was down when it arrived. I went to customer service on the web site and it asked me to take two pictures, one of the battery serial code and one of the battery connected to a monitor showing total voltage. I did this at 2pm. At 4pm I had an email approving the claim and a replacement was sent the next day.
    The second claim was this week. My relatively new Frsky Taranis X9D Plus (six months old), strangely started turning itself on, beeping, and the screen flashing and then off again repeating this every 30 seconds. The only way to stop it was to remove the battery. I wrote to Hobbyking on Sunday advising them of the error. On Monday I had an email asking for a video of the problem. I sent this on Tuesday. On wednesday they responded by saying that they had not seen this problem before and to send the unit back to them for replacement. They sent three emails over two hours today. The first said that they had received the faulty unit and that it would take around two weeks to assess and respond. Well that became one hour. They wrote again and said that the claim was valid and passed on to sales for replacement. Sales wrote one hour saying that a replacement was not immediately available and a full cash refund would be made. Five days and sorted. I can now buy a replacement.
    It would be good to hear of others good outcome supplier stories, or in fact the horror stories too.

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info