• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    looking up
    by Newby7 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ ( Midshipman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    9 Posts 8 Replies 14 Photos 44 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Rookysailor
    Commander
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Very nice story Bill, and a very nice craft, well weatheredπŸ‘

Cheers, Pete
    Scratchbuilder
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Re: looking up
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi.
    A very touching story which makes us all think of the sacrifices that these men made during a violent war.You also have a nice model there.
    They certainly were the gallant little ships.
    Although I have posted some before (sorry to re present same pictures)I attach a couple of pictures of the first Flower we built.She is well over 30 years old now and it was my introduction to my the two young sons to boat building.
    They loved it so much that they wrote to the Flower Class Corvette Association and made contact with a surviving member of HMS Bluebell (long since passed away)
    He sent them pictures and crew stories from the days just prior to her sinking.
    He also made both of them ho notary members of the association and sent them a tie and lapel badge (photo attached).
    I will PM you some other pictures if your interested.
    Keep up the good work.
    Regards Bill.
    Bill
    Spock66
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    Online: 15 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Commander,
    I tip my hat to you. Being over the 'caution' age and still thinking of the younger man who, 'hopefully', has overcome his great battle is a testament to you sir. When all this is over I can only hope that some of the neighbourly and generous actions of the many don't recede into a memory. At least that would be a positive outcome for us all.
    Andy
    redpmg
    Commander
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    There is always someone worse off than ourselves - in ones mid 70's with various ailments that place one at high risk one worries - was humbled again today when a friends son contacted us to find out how we were coping - he has battled Leukemia since he was 16 (now in his 30s) and was told there were no more medicine options for him - and underwent an bone marrow transplant just before this current plague was announced (thanks to a UK donor) - one of the things that happen with that is there is NO immune system left at all - so there he is at extreme risk - still cheerful and thinking about other people.........
    Spock66
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Bill,
    Thanks to enormous help from my family, I managed to take my model to the graves of three of the crew at the church where they are buried and my 14 yr old daughter carefully placed her by the headstones ,a tiny but much meant respect to all who gave their lives for us. Also some shots before she went to the Cornwall Museum at War. As an aside, I cast all the crew in pewter - I needed more than the Matchbox set, so I made a silicon mould and just played around.
    Scratchbuilder
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi.
    Very humbling story.
    Keep at it.
    I personally, being a flower class Corvette fan would love to see some pictures of your boat.
    Take care.
    Bill
    Bill
    Spock66
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Rick,
    You are correct. 11yrs ago I suffered a brain infection that robbed my speech, walking,swallowing and perhaps worst (being left handed), my left side movement. It took five years, but I completed a full RC converted Flower Class (now in a local wartime museum)to commemorate Canadian's killed on HMCS Regina in 1944. Now I'm soon starting the 1/35 schnellboot . It will take a few years to get it right, but the point is, I'm still here, still nearly functioning and still fighting.
    To all who have suffered the ultimate price of Covid-19 I extend my total sympathy and to all those who are fighting the virus and keeping us safe - I extend my total admiration and respect.
    Whatever life chucks at us, there's always some way forward and we can all help each other to be the most that we can.
    For me my family, my carers and a frustrating (but so rewarding) hobby such as model ship building, mean I still live and still see tomorrow as maybe a better day. All stay safe.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    How right you are Rick.πŸ‘
    A humbling tale!
    Doug
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    Newby7
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ looking up
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    My cup is half full got to thinking about getting down at this time of staying indoors and it reminded me of an accident I had many years ago almost loosing my right thumb.It was the rehab that my thoughts went to and going in for my first session.There were many others in rehab but I went in feeling sorry for myself and wondering if I would get the full use of my thumb and hand back.But there was a little girl maybe 5 years old who was in for an assessment of her hand as there were only knuckles no fingers she was playing and I saw she was using her hand as if the hand was fully there it made me realize there are many others out there hurting more then us having to stay in.If it's a bad day try and find a good thing to think of.We are together in this even if we can't see each other stay healthy stay safe keep laughing.
    Rick

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info