• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Opening
    by Newby7 ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ( Lieutenant Commander)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    17 Posts 16 Replies 0 Photos 49 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Andy,
    You will to keep an eye in her and test it every time before you go out just incase she has made it sound like an eighteen year old dolly bird LOL!!

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Colin H
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thank you Andy.
    It was very rewarding, and taught us and the Red Cross cadets tolerance and humility.
    We usually had 20 handicapped with 20 able bodied cadets to act as companion and mentor. But I think it was us that learnt more from our charges, especially how to enjoy the moment.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Spock66
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    Online: 1 month ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Martin,

Of course I do!,

But even funnier is my youngest daughter will alter the voice, say when I'm asleep, and not say anything until this high pitched Barbie-style voice emits a distinctly male request!

The other time she gets me is when (as I've done this pm) I get so involved in painting a figure (YES! I do really use my mouth to hold the brush!) and get so engrossed by what I'm trying to do that I seem to 'zone out' and when I 'return' the voice is changed. She's even found a way to make it sound a bit Scottish - great fun.

Andy
    Spock66
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Colin,

I take my hat off to you both. I know the terrible loads I place on my family - and I'm only one disabled person with, hopefully, boundless energy slightly tempered by age. So to take groups of disabled children away for breaks is truly exceptional - I hope you are rightfully proud.

I know the efforts it took my wife and oldest daughter to get me to the boating lake at Newquay in Cornwall so that I could launch my Flower on her maiden voyage. They carried her, lowered her into the water and rescued her when it glitched (luckily still reachable with a very long pole from the hire center). All I had to do was make her move, steer her and enjoy the moment.

Taking care of disabled people is a lot harder than being the disabled person, I've seen it from both sides and I know!

Bless you both

Andy
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Probably not the right question to ask but do you change the voice and accent just for a laugh and confuse people LOL!

Martin555.
    Spock66
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Martin555,

I haven't actually ever done it one purpose, in fact, my speaking machine now knows some very choice words! Even with it's perfect baritone English accent, it's lovely hearing it repeat any of my expletives.
    However, you have given me an idea for a bit of fun, i.e.drop a depleted dry brushing-brush on the living room carpet 'by accident' and watch 'em run!
    Andy
    Newby7
    Lieutenant Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    How wonderful humor can be. In my mind if you can laugh at your self it is easy to laugh with others as long as it's with and not at .
    Rick
    Colin H
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    That's a wonderful view of life and I agree whole heartedly.
    My wife and I spent many summers taking groups of disabled children camping with the red Cross.
    And many times it was us able bodied that seemed to be disabled or disadvantaged.
    I now have to deal with minor disabilities myself so appreciate your views.
    And I also think your modelling talent far outweighs your own problems.
    Keep modelling and keep your sense of humour.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Andy,
    With your sense of humour you are the sort that would ask someone to look for something that you have not dropped just for fun LOL!!

"Gum Painting" ! cool!!!

Martin555.
    Spock66
    ๐Ÿ“ Opening
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Martin,
    I'm never offended by anyone's views - except when they're blocking my own!
    Seriously, Disability is not normal, I accept that and indeed I champion it.

People can feel about me however they like, all I ask is that they remember that we are all actually living beings (although I'm sure at times I'm brain dead!) and stop trying to invent new ways to 'help' disabled people feel included.

I like that there are still old shops I can't get into, I like there are areas I cannot get to. Don't change the world for me, just let me be in it and accept that I accept that some things, places, activities are beyond me and I'm happy with that.

Now, seriously, I'm going back to painting a miniature with my gums as the brush holder - who needs hands anyway (well at least someone else does when I drop a part or my brushes!)

Andy
    Show 7 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info