• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Afraid in Canada
    by Newby7 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ ( Commander)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    12 Posts 11 Replies 1 Photo 44 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    Online: 17 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Apology accepted PPπŸ‘
    I like a man who's big enough to say 'Oops! Sorry'.
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    Young at heart πŸ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    Scratchbuilder
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    Online: 18 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Doug.
    Talking of DJT.
    Regards Bill.
    Bill
    Puddle-pirate
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sorry I hit so many nerves. The civics lesson was on point. That will be my final comments on anything going on. ..
    Sorry if I offended anyone. This is a website for model boats not political opinions. Again my apologies .
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I must admit Ron that my blood pressure (which I have problems with anyway) hit the heights when I read PP's post! Looking forward to Obama's speech (while DJT continues his church tourπŸ™„) Stay safeπŸ‘ Doug
    Ron
    Lieutenant Commander
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Wow Doug...you did unwind, must have been a very tight rubber-band... Very interesting that the former Vice President Biden is going to the funeral of George Floyd.

Former President Obama is speaking today too.
    Newby7
    Commander
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Doug that was great and to the point.
    PP If the press is so hard on the MAN why is it they are just reporting his words and time line of what he said.
    Rick
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hmm! Interesting comments PP.
    I could have simply dumped your 'curious' post into the universal oblivion of bits and bytes.
    We are after all not a political forum. But in this instance I decided otherwise.
    Pray allow me my Democratic right to comment your comments.
    "This too shall pass".
    Surely PP. But what comes afterwards if Trump continues on his megalomaniac (definition below or look it up in your Funk & Wagnall) course?
    "No one had any idea the virus would be as deadly as it is"
    Sorry the Chinese already knew that back in December, if not before.
    "to expect one man ... to have an immediate solution to the problem is a fool."
    That such an illusion should even occur to anyone is remarkable in itself!
    The fool is he who ignores all the warning signs.
    "(that the press tried to take down even before the election)"
    OK. So we know how you're voting.
    " the problem with bad cops is concerned the issue is local not Federal"
    From what we're seeing (and I also have access to CNN, FOX, BBC etc etc) that problem appears to be national, not local. That problem is not unique to USA I grant you. But not on the scale we are seeing from the upheavals there.
    "Mayors and City Councils set the standard for behavior."
    Er pardon? Isn't the Legislative responsible for making the laws and the Executive responsible for implementing them? Two of the three pillars of government as set out in your constitution?
    Legislative, Executive, Judicial.
    Trump as President belongs to the Executive NOT the Legislative.
    "The executive is the branch of government exercising authority in and holding responsibility for the governance of a state. The executive executes and enforces law.
    In political systems based on the principle of separation of powers, authority is distributed among several branches (executive, legislative, judicial)β€”an attempt to prevent the concentration of power in the hands of a single group of people. In such a system, the executive does not pass laws (the role of the legislature) or interpret them (the role of the judiciary). Instead, the executive enforces the law as written by the legislature and interpreted by the judiciary. The executive can be the source of certain types of law, such as a decree or executive order. Executive bureaucracies are commonly the source of regulations. "
    As far as mayors are concerned; even the weak Blasio would be a better president than Trump. Far far far better would be Governor Cuomo. The only guy in power with the nouse to see the danger in time roll up his sleeves and take appropriate action while Trump was still grinning into the camera and saying 'We're all doing a great job and nothing is wrong.'
    "As long as unions are able to contribute to the political parties that support them not much will change."
    No! As long as MONEY BUYS MEDIA TIME, POSITION AND POWER NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN THE US.
    Who supports the Republicans? Big business! The Rifle Association! If Unions shouldn't contribute then why should BB and RA be allowed to? Whose interests are at stake there?
    Which country has the highest number of murders and senseless massacres in the world? The USA! It's the system that's rotten. Not the people.
    Sure the looters are criminals, simply opportunists taking advantage of the situation.
    BUT THE REAL CRIMINALS ARE RIGHT AT THE TOP. Those who have, wilfully or through sheer incompetence, led (misledπŸ€”) your ONCE great country into the current disaster and alienated even your (former?) allies. (Ignore Boris. He's just a puppet desperately looking for a new economic partner after abandoning Europe.)
    'Make America Great Again'? Ha ha ha! Putin must be laughing his socks off.
    So! That's my anti-rant rant for tonight!
    I'm not normally a political animal (hated and avoided Office Politics) but somehow this issue has scratched an itch I didn't know I had.

Rick; I fear that your fears are justified. America has lost it's way, or it's been misappropriated. I'm agnostic but nevertheless; GOD HELP AMERICA!
    Doug.
    The promised definition-
    "Megalomania: Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a long-term pattern of exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy toward other people. People with NPD often spend much time thinking about achieving power and success, or on their appearance. Typically, they also take advantage of the people around them. Such narcissistic behaviour typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a broad range of situations. People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by the personality traits of persistent grandiosity, an excessive need for admiration, and a personal disdain and lack of empathy for other people."
    Ring any bells? ☹️
    Puddle-pirate
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The media here in USA has gone off the deep end. You can't open a newspaper or turn on the television without hearing the end of the world is coming led by the President. No one had any idea the virus would be as deadly as it is and to expect one man (that the press tried to take down even before the election) to have an immediate solution to the problem is a fool.
    As far as the problem with bad cops is concerned the issue is local not Federal . Mayors and City Councils set the standard for behavior. As long as unions are able to contribute to the political parties that support them not much will change.
    The looters are criminals not protesters but that's another issue... So that's my rant for today. Stay safe, and as my grandmother used to say "This too shall pass".
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Don't worry RickπŸ‘
    You put your post in the right place - Non-Hobby Chat.
    Normally religious and political debates would be frowned upon.
    But I consider your post to be more of a Social Comment.
    I believe that there are millions around the world who share your concerns.
    Me for one. I never thought I would live to see 'The land of unlimited opportunity ' degenerate into dictatorship and anarchy. But that is what is beginning to happen.
    Just read the report about NBA-Coach Popovich, who described trump as "a mentally disturbed idiot" and 'destroyer'!
    What's the betting that if we do get a second virus spike that it emanates from the US or Russia!?
    Stay healthy, keep modellingπŸ‘
    Doug 😎
    MouldBuilder
    Captain
    πŸ“ Afraid in Canada
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I agree with you both.
    The right to protest is a very good thing but a protest with violence takes all thought away from what it is supposed to be about. Not only bad for all but gives a negative impact.
    As for Covid, I hope our Government here looks at other countries and how a good result is achieved instead of listening totally to Science which always seems to be two weeks behind as they have to seive through data before they come up with a plan. Other countries already have this data.
    Sorry, rant over.
    Keep safe all.😊
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    Show 2 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info