• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Graupner mc-26
    by bombero πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ ( Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    63 Posts 62 Replies 28 Photos 80 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    G6SWJ
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    ToraDog,

Not at all - any info adds to the understanding. I played with the Robbe system a few years back and unfortunately my memory is not what it once was....

I now remember that the centre pin on the switch units is normally "unswitched positive" and live all the time whilst connected to a power supply.

The 2 outer pins are switched ground allowing/facilitating 2 switch circuits per channel

ToraDog - is that your understanding?

Still can't remember how you serve different voltages to different channels - indeed it's not obvious how you connect any battery directly to the Graupner unit as unlike the Robbe version their is no "battery" connection identified - the unit itself being powered I presume from the receiver patch lead....

Regards
    Jonathan _._
    I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...
    ToraDog
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Jonathan,
    If I may, and not trying to confuse you and bombero, but your last diagram is the same wiring arrangement that Robbe uses with their Multiplex system. The advantage to the user being that the Multiplex switch modules are thereby able to support different voltages, as required by the individual loads. By switching the loads thru the ground circuit, all the grounds become common, regardless to the number of battery cells, ie voltages, called for by the loads. This allows the module to support multiple voltage loads, within a given range.
    I hope that I am helping and not just butting in here.
    G6SWJ
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Len,

Coming back to the subject afresh I decided to re-read the instructions before looking at your update.

Page 10 states "The module consumes so few current that you can connect it through the included patch cable directly to the multichannel output of the receiver"

Page 11 - the picture clearly shows the patch cable between the receiver and 16ch 3972 connected to slot X2 A9 B9 C9 (left hand column of pins labelled FS_Impuls)

I think we agree on the above?

Do you have a multi meter?

I would suggest that you don't plug anything into the multi switch right now and try to follow my thoughts...

I will try to validate my suggestion this weekend with the kit I have

This (3972)is a switch. It is a single pole switch so can only switch one line either positive or negative but not both. We are told that it switches the negative/ground line

So this would mean for each channel we make only 2 connections to the switch for each channel (an in and an out for want of better terminology)

This would mean that we insert the switch into the negative/ground line only (see attached image)

Pic to follow shortly

I did not understand your post 100% but hopefully my post may add to the joint understanding

Update - see later post which over-rides some of this text

Regards
    Jonathan
    I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...
    G6SWJ
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Len,

Spinning plates right now ( well if I am honest doing the house work! )- will have a look later and digest/comment on your findings

Pleased you are sticking with it - regardless of the frustration to date!

Regards
    Jonathan
    bombero
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    Online: 31 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Jonathan,
    got cable and plugs yesterday and have made up 3 polarity inversion modules and plugged them into the switch module (no power connected yet). this morning made up the 2 "connection of big function to channel 4" and plugged it into the switch module.
    looking at it it seems the power in(x1-4c) is the same bank as the return on the inversion modules. Is this correct???
    If yes I have found my previous big function plug was wired incorrectly(had power in on X1-4B) possible cause of cooking the 8249
    Len
    bombero
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Jonathan,
    Thank you for your help and advice!
    You can see why I was β€œgoing round the bend β€œ but with your support am a lot calmer.
    Before I email Krick (they have not replied to my last email asking questions) I am going to check the wiring and know some of the extension wires are white, red and black whist the items from krick have brown, red and orange wires. I am waiting (due Wednesday) for some cable and ¨plugs and sockets¨ so I can replace any w,r,bk wires and will be sure the wiring is correct (belts and braces).
    If problem is not solved will consult with Krick (including a revised wiring plan) and hopefully they will reply this time. Would also send copy to Graupner (both Germany and USA) but emails are not getting through.
    Len
    G6SWJ
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Len,

It appears that this has nothing to do with any software setting.

It looks like a hardware/cabling issue (sure you had deteremined this already!)

I think for now to resolve the hardware issue it's a case for Krick customer support

In the instructions for the "ploarity reversing" unit - it refers to "memory setting" which must be disabled.

The relates back to terminology on the Robbe mutli switch - the term "memory" can be substitued with "latching". In other words the Multi switch output into the Krick polarity reversing unit must not be latching but temporary switched (i.e It's only on whilst you are holding a non latching switch in the on position)...

Hope you get some good news from Krick HQ

Regards
    Jonathan _._
    bombero
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Jonathan,
    Confirm patch cable connected from port 7 on receiver to port x2-9 on switch module, and plugs are correct for polarity inversion
    Len
    G6SWJ
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Len,

Re-reading the documentation it looks like the "patch cable" between the receiver and the multi switch unit should be plugged into X2 Slot 9 - top slot on the RHS column labelled FS-Impuls

Please check and confirm this for yourself .....

I would suggest that you only have one thing plugged into the multi switch at a time whilst working through these issues - perhaps the blue light would be a good option?

Crazy that X1 and X2 are not marked on the multi switch case

Update - I see from your hand written notes that you have used X2 slot 9 - is that correct..

Regards
    Jonathan _._
    bombero
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Graupner mc-26
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    jonathan,
    Yes aware of wiring hence three polarity inversion wires locations shown in the guide(one of the pictures shows)
    pump has a relay module ro8442 (294) on wiring plan
    Show 53 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info