• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Swiss RC boats
    by jbkiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ ( Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    10 Posts 9 Replies 0 Photos 26 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Ianh
    Lieutenant Commander
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 18 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Learnt over the years you can't scale engineering design in steam as the theory falls away with efficiency.
    Take an example of a 46" Sea Queen correct speed would be just above walking but that is like watching paint dry so we sped up to make it look good
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 15 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I've been saying that for years Mike, - you can't scale water,- drag, surface tension etc. Do what you like, it's your boat, your money and your time😁.

JB
    Black Shoe
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I agree with ToraDog and MTurpin. Knowing that it's impossible to scale water or air, scale appearing is the best we can do. I like to build a little more speed into my boats than what they really need, but it's more self preservation than anything else. Some operators watch their boat exclusively and have no idea what's in their trajectory. Being able to get out of the way of the unconscious skipper is a good reason to have too much power, but having it and using it are two different things.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." Will Rogers.
    ToraDog
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 17 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Some wonderful models being enjoyed by a lot of people. There will always be models that are run too fast. I'd bet that most individuals do not figure the true scale speed of the model and then do not apply it or adjust it. No worries... If most models actually went true scale speed they would not appear to be moving at all! So, to me, there are two scale speeds, the real scale speed and the appearance of scale speed. Then there are those models that run several times their hull speed......πŸ˜€
    Have Fun! That is all that matters.
    Scratchbuilder
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 11 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Ummmmmm.
    Some lovely models but way off the scale realistic speed which spoils it somewhat.
    Speed isn’t everything.
    Regards BillπŸ‘πŸ‘
    Bill
    mturpin013
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 10 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Don't forget there were some really well modelled boats and all the participants were enjoying themselves. Question - does scale speed require scale wind and water, if so where do you get it from.
    Again Don't forget there were some really well modelled boats and all the participants were enjoying themselves.
    Newby7
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    As with boats going to fast most don't understand speed to size that going as fast as possible is all they see. With my train club it is the same thing put it on the track and get it going top speed. For trains I think it started with Lionel trains as they seamed to two speeds fast or stop.
    Rick
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 14 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Some very nice models, I particularly liked the Swiss lakes paddlers. reminders of happy holidays in years gone by. Excellent selection of tugs but I do agree with Ron, most were going far too fast to be in scale. Not an uncommon problem everywhere. I thought the blue MGB could have been going faster, though not by much and the cargo boat Martin P was one of the very few at what looked like a correct speed. However, I'm not really criticising because it is such a widespread problem. Do they make motors too big?

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Ron
    Captain
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Why do people sail their model faster than the scale of the vessel? As you watch the video, the steam paddle wheeler with masts and sails for example. Some of the tugs too. Others rock about too much, because they do not have enough ballast. Maybe, I am to critical! It reminds be of seeing folks flying seaplanes with floats doing aerobatic stunts. Yuk.
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Swiss RC boats
    Flag
    Online: 15 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Some nice boats here from a Swiss club, something for everyone (almost)

JB
    BEST OF: RC BIG scale boats
    ▢️

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info