• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    model boat sale
    by jimdogge πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    21 Posts 20 Replies 8 Photos 30 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Newby7
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Great looking boat have a good sail Jim
    Rick
    redpmg
    Commodore
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Good luck with your first sail Jim - be surprised if she is not a lot faster than the sailing barges - the originals were built to get the lobsters to market fairly quickly.........
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    She looks very nice Jim,
    You have done a great job on her.

Good luck with her first sailing.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    jimdogge
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi chaps , well l have repaired all the broken bits on her replaced all the old electrics and now l will have the pleasure of launching her. l have never set up or sailed a boat like this before all of my fleet are either modern yachts Robbe Smarged type or power cruisers has anyone any wise words that l can take heed of before launching her to her fate. The two mast affair is almost a mad spiders web of lines pully,s and blocks, l can see where they come from and where they go too, and what they control. She doe,s have a motor so l think the first sailing will be in a very light breeze. There are other chaps at the the club who have similar boats thames sailing barges. l think l will study those and ask a few questions before trying to become a french skipper.
    I have since found out a little more about her the original owner built her somewhere around the late 90,s but never finished her she was left in the dolldroms in an work shop till her release to me, you wonder why some one would go to the exspense of buying the kit building 90% of her then leaving her to gather dust. I just wonder if the builder passed away round about then and the family have now decided to pass them on.
    Avoire au bonchance mes amis. Jim
    redpmg
    Commodore
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    See its the pages from Camaret the main Lobster port you found Doug - good for a visit

Dounarez is another very interesting place - the home town of the Sardiniers - stayed in a hotel converted from a Sardine Barons mansion - more like a palace - the town is on the opposite side of the bay to the main French naval base at Brest - it was also the home of the French equivalent of the US Wooden Boats magazine which was being propped up by the US magazine the last I heard. Cant for the life of me remember the title. They played host to a lot of wooden boat festivals there too.
    Bernard ....? the editor/founder of the magazine aroused French interest in their maritime history and the result was the festivals and the flurry of recreating old boats such as they did there and also at St Pierre de Eglise on the Normandy peninsula. Bernard is an interesting fellow with strong views. Was very good to see it all and listen to the people who built and sailed on the boats.

There is also a Fishing Museum inside the old castle at Concarneu another of the French fishing ports - which is also a very worthwhile visit - especially for those of us with an interest in boats and wives take great interest in the shops...........

Brittany Ferries offered holidays in most of these places with the return ferry trip included at a very reasonable rate which made it affordable from the UK.

PS think the magazine was Le Chase Mar'e
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Dave,
    Thank you for the information.

I use an Apple MacBook Air Laptop.
    I do have a Windows 10 laptop but i just don't seem to get on with it.
    But thank's again.

Martin555
    dave976
    Master Seaman
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 17 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Martin
    If you were to use Google Chrome they have an add on that will translate any non English language posts at the click of a button. A small pop up screen appears at the top right of my browser when non English text is shown asking if I want it translated. I am running Win 10 so not sure if it works with other set-ups.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 9 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Jim,
    "she does have Maryvonn written on her rear. "
    Yes I noticed that, her correct name though was Maryvonne.
    The name came from Maryvonne Lastennet nΓ©e Carn, mother of Louis Lastennet for whom the boat was built in 1928.
    She, and her sisters spent most of their lives lobster fishing off north Portugal, see attached pic of preparing lobster pots in the port of Camaret.
    Except for an interlude in WW2 when they were requisitioned by the German navy and moved from Camaret to Brest.
    See here for more detail pics of one of her sisters.
    http://www.bateaux-de-camaret.com/HISTOIRE/Portugal.php
    After WW2 she continued to fish until 1962 when she was dumped on the beach and left to rot πŸ€”
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    http://www.bateaux-de-camaret.com/HISTOIRE/Portugal.php
    πŸ”—
    Young at heart πŸ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    jimdogge
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks chaps, new you would have great knowledge about this type of boat. I dont think you can make it out on the photographsand l should have mentioned it but she does have Maryvonn written on her rear.
    Thanks again Jim.
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ model boat sale
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Doug.

Martin555.
    Show 11 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info