• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Latest land cruise
    by Nerys πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    17 Posts 16 Replies 20 Photos 25 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    Online: 6 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Chris,
    The covid related reasons for lack of pool have, or should have been resolved by now, I would have thought all councils would have given the green light some time ago. Things like blue/ green algae are of course a different matter.. There was a scare on one of the lakes where I sail recently, but it came to nothing after a few days. Councils can cause problems over access on the silliest things, health and safety is a favourite. What have they dreamt up for you? I know of one lake that was sailed on for years, that was banned on health and safety but the public can still walk round it, and fall in if they want to! Let's hope all your problems go away as soon as possible and you can get sailing again.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Chris W
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys
    Thank you for your concern over my lack of sailing waters.I did not make my point clearly,we do have two lakes we can sail on but what with lockdowns ,social distancing,and now pond weed and blue/green alge,plus ongoing problems with access(local council related).All these things are ultimately resolveable and I am sure i will be back sailing soon.
    Chris
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Chris, what a nice boat, typical Broads boat, makes me quite nostalgic thinking of holidays I had on the Broads sailing such craft.
    Thank you for posting those pictures of Eaton Park, but I'm sorry to hear that you do not have anywhere to sail now that you live in Nottingham. Let's put out a call for help.
    Can anyone tell Chris of a suitable sailing venue any where near Nottingham, there must be somewhere!

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Our latest cruise took us to the northerly waters of the Lake District. A day trip on Lake Windermere was quite enjoyable. We took a 'steamer' from Ambleside down the lake to Bowness, then another boat right down the lake to Lakeside then right back to our starting point of Ambleside. One thing that struck me was, the complete lack of any sailing craft underweigh on the lake, just a few motor cruisers, the most prolific were the small hire craft. There were lots of lovely clinker built skiffs pulled up on the hards, but I never saw one in the water. I only wish I could have hired one, I'd have loved a row on the lake, happy memories of rowing there with my late son about forty years ago. An interesting visit was to the Windermere Steam Jetty, excellent collection of boats there including some very old ones, all sorts of boats from an early clinker built sailing canoe to beautifully kept steam launches, Adjoining the main building is a small pond which is the sailing ground of the Windermere Model Yacht Club, we launched the Dutch Schouw yacht in there, but there wasn't a breath of wind. At the main reception, there are a number of pond yachts for anyone who would like to try sailing on the pond and they also sell pond yachts in the shop. We also visited Lake Coniston, nostalgia trip to remind me of the days when I sailed my Tideway dinghy there. Also a drive down the length of Ullswater where we did see a number of sailing craft underweigh. Then it was home again with a sidestep into North Walres where I was very disappointed to find insufficient water to sail. A nice trip but very disappointing when it came to sailing.

Cheers, Nerys
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    As a culmination of our latest cruise, we stopped off in Llandudno where I knew there to be a boating lake on the West Shore. To my disappointment I found that the depth of water was only a few inches and not enough to float my Dutch Schouw yacht. I thought the local club was very active and sailed 1OMs with Vane gear as well as other craft. What's happened, is this lack of water normal or had someone pulled the plug out when they saw us coming? Perhaps someone from the local club could tell me.

Cheers, Nerys
    Chris W
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys
    It was nice to see your photos of sailing on Eaton park yacht pond.Here are some photos of my yacht Sophie taken in 2006 on the same pond.I no longer live in Norwich and miss sailing in such a nice place .I now live i Nottingham where we have two local sailing waters are both problematical to use at present.Thus not been able sail for last 18 months.
    Happy traveling and sailing.
    Chris.
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thank you Doug. It was great to get away to another area for a few days, but of course, the dialysis had to continue. We are off again at the weekend, the Lake District this time.

Cheers, Nerys
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    Online: 9 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys,
    Was delighted to see that you and Alice had an enjoyable week trundling about in the Mobile Command Centre / Supplies Truck πŸ˜€
    I thought it was really really good of you to make the detour up to Nottingham to pick up my MumπŸ‘
    I'm sure she enjoyed the trip too as we lived in Norfolk (RAF Marham) for several years.
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    Young at heart πŸ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    Nerys
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Jacko,
    The first three photos are Eaton Park, Norwich, the next is Gorleston, which is down on the beach and the rest are Southwold.

Nerys
    jacko
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Latest land cruise
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    seeing photos 2 - 3 looks like the wall at Woodbridge
    Show 7 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info