Let me start off by saying I had hit the wall last week on a few issues. After spending 5 hours on trying to get everything to fit properly I thought it maybe time to put the model in dry dock for a while. I have decided to name the boat The Miracle. What I have found out after 14 weeks 21 minutes and 14 seconds but whose counting is that many parts that you need are not included in the model. Luckily Amazon has had most of them.
For those who are experienced model builders my issues are not even issues. You will notice by the attached photos a few things which may help the new model builders. If you look at the main deck that has now been put into position the instructions called to put the main deck in at the very beginning which would have made it very hard to do what you see now. I have learned they are a just a guide. What has been helpful is the instructions are one to one so I can answer most of the issues as I go along.
You want to have all the electronics done and servos working properly before you start on anything else. Luckily I had some very good advice on this and everything now works perfectly.
The next problem was when I got the remote control it was not properly linked up to the receiver, this was 4 hrs of frustration. There is a very small hole in the receiver unit which has to be pressed to link it up. This was not explained properly. It is now working.
The servo which you will see has a very important part which again did not come with the model and they are called clevis adjustable linkage stoppers. This gives you the ability to adjust the push rod very easily to line up your rudder. If you don't have these buy them. Trust me on this.
I have put a switch in the system to shut everything on and off and will be adding another one so I don't have to take out the batteries for
You will see in the pictures I am in the process of filling and sanding. You can see if you mask properly you can save hrs on your clean up. You put it right up to your joint on either side and just when it is setting up you take it off. What you see was before and after in 20 minutes.
The clips are just to hold the cap rails in position to the hull while I am still shapeing and will start glueing them this week. I also have to drill the cap rails to receive the stanchions. This is not as easy as it looks since it has to be a vertical drill position which also takes into account the side wall angle here the use of the calipers is very important.
The good news is the model has come out of dry dock.