• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    2 Engine - no rudder RC
    by brubaker πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Able Seaman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    17 Posts 16 Replies 2 Photos 38 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    dave976
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ 2 Engine - no rudder RC
    Flag
    Online: 10 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi redpmg
    It may well work and I have heard of others who have used 40Mhz crystals.
    The regulations are quite clear however and anyone trying this could find themselves in trouble if their equipment causes interference.
    35Mhz transmitters are designed to work at specific spot frequencies within the allocated band, and will have circuitry to avoid or reduce any unwanted out of band harmonics being generated.
    I would urge all our members to comply with the regulations that have allocated frequencies for specific purposes and allow all modellers to operate their models safely.
    Dave
    redpmg
    Commodore
    Flag
    Online: 2 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    If you are lucky the 35mhz set should work with 40mhz crystals - most do - my 3 channel )single stick Hitec certainly does - even with other makes of receiver- difficulty is that its hard to find the crystals now - and when you do they are expensive . The 40mhz sets are still used by the Submarine fraternity as 2.4ghz does not work underwater. So if you are planning a Sub in your future suggest you keep the radio & find some 40mhz crystals.

There was of course the much earlier film (1954) - main character Harry Brubaker - The Bridges at Toko-Ri
    brubaker
    Able Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 1 month ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Doug the 35mhz will be back on EBay! Incidentally most of us Bruce Baker's I reckon use the Brubaker moniker for one thing or another and yes a great film. All the best. 😎
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Brubaker,
    (AKA Robert Redford?? Great film πŸ˜€)
    Ref RC Frequencies, check this out.
    https://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-frequencies-uk.html

or here for the official version with all the government blurb.
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/radio-spectrum-and-the-law...

Scroll to the bottom (past the blurbπŸ™„) and click the 'What frequencies are available' box.
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    PS: For the record; from my Bookmark archive.
    https://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-frequencies-uk.html
    πŸ”—
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/radio-spectrum-and-the-law/licence-exempt-radio-use/licence-exempt-devices/Radio-controlled-models
    πŸ”—
    Young at heart πŸ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.😊 Cheers Doug
    Scratchbuilder
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Brubaker.
    Oops.Dave is quite correct you can’t use 35mhz.
    If you do you may have a Kamikaze aeroplane dive your boat.
    There is a great deal of info on line re which frequency you can and cannot use.
    Just type in your search engine Radio control boat frequency.
    Good luck with your project.
    Regards Bill.
    Never give up.It will come right in the end.
    brubaker
    Able Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Dave, especially re the 35mhz which I did not know about the only thing with that is the pots look the same as the Spektrum (externally anyway). I have looked inside the Planet with a view to simply turning the pots but on mine the 'upper' part of the pod is part of the casing the four screws merely remove the bottom half. I'll have a real look at the Spektrum next week (half-term) and attempt the 'mod' as necessary.πŸ‘
    dave976
    Midshipman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The 35Mhz can only be used legally in the UK to Control an Airborne plane, so please do not use with your model boat.
    The Planet TS2+2 is a 2 stick 4channel and looks like there are four screws holding the stick units in place. The trim adjustment looks to be electronic so will not need to be rotated.
    The Spektrum is 4 channel so will have two vertical sticks. It will already be bound to the receiver and there are details on-line how to, if not. This sounds like your best option
    Dave
    brubaker
    Able Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The original unit supplied by a dealer in Shoreham (UK) is a 'Planet TS2+2' which is the one I've described with the molded in pots. Now one by design and another by accident from eBay which before I do any dismantling look very similar. I picked up a 2.4 "Spektrum DX6" and by what I don't know I got a 35mhz "JR-Propo X-378" as well. Lots of notes on setting up drones and aircraft with both - the latter in 'Japanese'! I'll get the back off both of these next week and see what I've got. With the info you great guys have given I'm hoping to crack it. Just hoping I can bind the reciever OK or use the 35mhz which came with a receiver. Thanks again.😎
    dave976
    Midshipman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Yes unless you have bought matched motors they will start and run at different speeds. You may be able to adjust the ESCs to compensate.
    You have a two channel radio with a vertical stick and a horizontal stick and I agree it will not be easy to sail with this set up.
    I have in the past opened the case and just unscrewed the horizontal pot and turned it thro 90deg so it worked vertically. This may or may not be possible in your case, but possibly worth a look. If you use the transmitter for different models this could be a problem.
    brubaker
    Able Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Now tank steering I can understand since I helped build em! Not the WW1 ones of course - Cents mainly. My trouble with this is that they are pod motors - supposedly matched but no amount of trimming can get the balance right - hence wanting to use the motors on individual controls - tried this with the RC set we got and it works well - except the 'pods' are molded in one L/R the other up/down - not easy! πŸ‘
    Show 7 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info