• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Water cooling
    by Maverick ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    18 Posts 17 Replies 2 Photos 37 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ChrisF
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 20 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Was just going to say the same thing about his avatar!!!
    Building 6 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and another in the pipeline!
    swanee
    Master Seaman
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Methinks we have netted a troll
    ToraDog
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 9 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I enjoyed your comment. I was not going to mention this, but now that you have brought it up...is maverick's avatar a gnome or a troll?
    ChrisF
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 20 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Perhaps we have all been a bit slow and all this has been a slow burn wind up? Multiple threads asking the same questions, not acknowledging answers and advice given etc. All planned to wind people up and hope that one will explode and vent their feelings. And having no-one rise to the bait start to be abusive to illicit a response?

It wouldn't be the first time. Perhaps a clue is in the name Maverick?

And don't try going to other forums with the same attitude, you may find them less patient and you will get short shift.
    Building 6 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and another in the pipeline!
    Scratchbuilder
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 4 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Maverick.
    Please would you mind NOT using the language you have used in your post beginning with P. I am no prude and It is mild in the adult world,but my Grandchildren read and enjoy this site.I do not want them to be subjected to it if you donโ€™t mind.
    Regards Bill.
    Never give up.It will come right in the end.
    Newby7
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘ŽNot sure Any of us are answering a question just to upset people. If the answer you got is not what you wanted maybe you didn't ask the right question. If you already knew the answer why ask at all.
    ToraDog
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 9 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    In the first place, my KISS comment is not, nor is it ever directed to anyone personally. I have had it directed to me many times by people who I respect and have taught me more than i will ever know in the modeling field.
    Second, I am not an expert, never have claimed to be, nor will I ever claim to be. i expressed my opinions based upon what I have learned in theis field, through experience and, even more so, from others who have taught me.
    Third, You have posted questions on a forum, from which you received nuerous answers, some agree with what others have said, some do not. The lesson here is that there are so many ways to accomplish each goal, and it is up to you to gather information and then take the initiative to find your own answer. Tere are going to be answers that you don't like, so that you like and soem that you ignore. That is up to you, but is is YOUR build.None is going to builsd it for you. OH and by the way...you WILL screw up... so what? we all have and continue to. That is the learnig experience. I put my first build together with white glue. YUP.. the planks came off when I put it in the water, but I learned from it.
    Fourth, this web site and others like it cntain ages of information that is at one's finger tips if one is willing to take the time to search and read. If you get totally stumped in research than reach out, but the answers to the questions you have posted so far are all answered in other posts. One of the great things I admire about the modelers in England and Europe is how they actually build models. Inn the US, everyone(almost except for die hards) wants instant gratification, ie, buy the model of the shelf and run it, boat, plane helicopter.when it breaks they throw it away because they do not know how it was built and can not fix it.
    The initiative is yours. I am happy to help "newbies", but I have my own projects to work on as well.
    Maverick
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 6 months ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Experts in certain fields really piss me off in certain hobby areas, I'm a member of other various hobby groups and really gets my goat when a newbie comes on and gets a reply to either go look it up on Google or said person gets a technical answer for which even I have difficulty comprehending, all because writer is an " EXPERT ".
    I have not started to build yet as I'm learning, hopefully so I don't make rookie mistakes.
    I do ask many questions on the same line, not because I don't agree or understand, but because I did not get the answer I posed.
    I have my potential boat specifications as to size and propulsion system, yet the answers I get back relate to something else ie:-
    1) told my motor was no use ...but no one has said why it's no use?
    2)I asked about Li-po batteries and the different sizes. Or why some use NiHM .

Plus I find your comment KISS quite offensive, Just maybe you need to learn a little patience with guys new to the hobby, who obviously don't have your vast store of knowledge, and can only assume when you first starting building boats you knew it all!!!!
    So extract the ensign from your rear end and be more relaxed and less stressed
    Maverick
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 6 months ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Many thanks for your helpfull advice it's appreciated, I only asked the question as I was just thinking about the idea, knowing that the stern really was the best position.
    BOATSHED
    Sub-Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Water cooling
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I have always had my cooling pickup just behind the propellor, just just far enough as to be able to comfortably remove the propellor. Also as testing different props for better performance some props are longer in lenght on the shaft fitting, I have always given just that extra bit of room for that. I have never had the water cooling block up with any weed. But as it was first discussed regarding putting a net to stop contamination in the cooling system, one way to overcome the problem would be to add an in line filter. If it was of a visible plastic one he could see if he was getting any weed or the likes. But I have never thought about that side of the cooling as never overheated so no worries.
    BOATSHED
    Show 8 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info