"9 times out of 10 you might be right. But it's a gamble.
It is always possible that there will be a current flow from one BEC to the other.
In the absolute worst case high enough to overheat the wiring and possibly even cause a fire and damage to or even loss of the model."
I didn't know, although I should have known.
Thanks for the valuable information.
I have to apologize to Duncan. Sorry Duncan.
BTW: same applies to connecting drive batteries in parallel; regardless of chemistry; SLA, NiMH or LiPo. (Shame on you any diehard NiCad users!)
In the case of batteries a solution is available using Schotty blocking diodes between the two batteries"
Yes I knew this.
Does this also apply to AGM lead acid batteries?
I'm asking you because, when I needed them, I put AGM-type lead-acid batteries in parallel, without protection circuits or diodes. (when they are not under load I always disconnect them).
Is the choice of the "Schotty" type diode because it has a lower voltage drop than normal diodes?
If I remember correctly the diode has a voltage drop of 0.7 volts while the "Schotty" 0.15 volts if I remember correctly.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
"Shame on you any diehard NiCad users!"
I completely agree with the whole discussion (which I think I translated and understood well) about the amperage of the BEC integrated into the ESC.
Furthermore, as you advised him, he will be able to easily verify that the ESC BEC is not faulty.
I haven't gotten there yet, but in my case, I preferred to dedicate a 6 volt 4.5 Ah AGM battery, to power the receiver, the rudder servo and the two winches. A 6 volt 4.5 Ah AGM battery is instead connected to the ESC to power the brushed motor, but I cut the positive of the internal BEC.
Logically, I didn't cut the original cable, but that of an extension.
I must say that at the beginning, years ago, it wasn't such an obvious solution, in fact I was putting the two batteries in parallel powering everything through the ESC /BEC. Then I thought about it and changed my mind.
However, I measured much lower currents in the servos, perhaps I didn't strain them too much. I must have done an unreliable test.
Congratulations for the Italian!