• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Save £50 when you join Bulb
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Blackpool Boat Show 2019
    by Rookysailor πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    24 Posts 23 Replies 5 Photos 13 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    jarvo
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Blackpool Boat Show 2019
    Flag
    Online: 21 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The Blackpool show was the best its been for many years, venue is a bit dated, but, we were there for the models and traders, superb on both counts. Iain and Dave do a splendid job of organising the show, free parking, and, if you want a great deal on food and accomodation. unlike other shows there has been a lot of diversifying, Tanks and Trucks, see how other modelers do things! the bring and buy was doing great business.
    Bring on next year. Just a point, they have some charity stands, RNLI etc, all the profits go to charity, not some fat cats pocket. Iain and Dave, I salute you
    Mark
    Etherow Model Boat Club
    jarvo
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 21 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Marky, If you looking at the Warwick show, the international Plastic show is on the same weekend in Telford, worth a good look, some overlap to us, traders galore
    Etherow Model Boat Club
    marky
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sorry pressed the wrong button ,should have said thanks very much for the info Peter will see if the tour operator has something about that time,it may be a bit early for their next years schedule.
    Cheers Mark
    Rookysailor
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The Blackpool show next year Marky, is the
    17th - 18th October 2020, hope that helps you.😊

Cheers, Peter
    Rookysailor
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I go for the traders mainly, saves paying p&p, and you can cherry pick the items you want, also some deals going on, Component shop had a few show prices.
    I bought 2 x 12v-10amp pb batteries for only £13.15 each, a good saving, I think Iain has done a great job with the show, and free parking, all you had to do was write down your car reg number, simples.😐

Cheers, Peter
    pmdevlin
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    if it was held in a fancy venue the prices to vendors, traders, and clubs would go up, and so would the entrance fee.

For those that went just for the show, and not the depth of the carpet, it was great, and well done to the organisers for bucking the trend of dying shows.

For those that stayed the weekend, well come on, Blackpool offers thousands of alternatives for accommodationπŸ’€ I parked outside on the road, I believe that the onsite parking was free for visitors? that's iutself in Blackpool is worth something whilst the illuminations are on. There cant be many hotels that can offer that floorspace?
    marky
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    My mum and aunt are just back from a coach trip to Blackpool down on Friday and home today and they were staying in the hotel where the show was taking place ,my mum said she had a lovely time meeting lots of people,May find out when it is next year and see if the coach company are running a trip at the same time.
    Marky
    Nerys
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Might give it a go again next year, all being well. Pleased to hear it's been given a bit of a makeover, it certainly needed it. I'll try the fish and chip shop too.!

Cheers,
    Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Rookysailor
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I think you might see a change in the venue now Nerys, agree, the lighting a few years ago was diabolic, but now much improved, and they have spruced up the ballroom, where the main show is held, but there is another room, where they have the bring & buy, as well as the tanks display and a large truck display, with a full road layout, a brilliant F&C shop, just round the corner, you can eat in, we take away, and munch in our car, very reasonable prices, eat in Haddock,chip,peas bread & butter plus tea or coffee all for Β£6.99, and very nice too.πŸ€—

Cheers, Peter
    Nerys
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Blackpool would be a better show if it was held in a better venue. The standard and number of exhibits and traders is very good but I think the venue is rather tatty. Went there a couple of years ago to a radio rally (Alice's scene) and there were no lights on in the halls. Not a great help if you wanted to look at things! However, I agree with Ken on the standard of the fish and chips.

Cheers,
    Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Show 14 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info