• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Receiver Controlled Switch
    by mturpin013 ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Lieutenant Commander)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    26 Posts 25 Replies 12 Photos 48 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Receiver Controlled Switch
    Flag
    Online: 13 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    By the way JB,
    Welcome to the dizzy heights of Flag Rank; Commodore, NATO OF6๐Ÿ‘
    You may now fly attached flag, but ONLY when actually aboard your flagship!๐Ÿ˜
    Cheers, FLEET ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart - slightly older in other places ๐Ÿ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Alls well that ends well Mike,
    That's what we're here for ๐Ÿ‘
    Have followed your Blog with awe๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    I can 'make things work' but get nowhere near your detailing quality!
    I'll redesignate my attempts as "Stand Off" ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Looking forward very much to your Trials vid๐Ÿค“
    Cheers, Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    mturpin013
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 12 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Problems solved๐Ÿ‘
    I made 2 request for help, firstly for a spare "94" transfer, which was solved by Rob, and second a spare Turnigy RC switch which was solved by Peter, plus an offer of building a switch from Graham and all the helpful suggestions from others I'm really grateful for all the help that you get on the is forum its really amazing ๐Ÿ˜
    MouldBuilder
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Mike.
    I am sure that I have a couple of new Turnigy switches at home you could use and send me replacements when yours arrive. If you would like, PM me with address and I will send on my return to UK on Wednesday.
    Peter.
    BTW Just found one here in Hungary. I have another at home so let me know.๐Ÿ˜Š
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    jbkiwi
    Commodore
    Flag
    Online: 19 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Mike, forgot to mention that they have a nice blue LED on the board which for some unknown reason the have enclosed in the cover. If you pop the cover open and drill a hole in the appropriate place, it shows up when switched on. (see holes drilled in pic).
    JB
    jbkiwi
    Commodore
    Flag
    Online: 19 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    RE I think that may have to be the answer.
    Hi Mike, I've posted these a number of times as suggestions for switches. They are made by GT Power and work very well. I've used them in the HSL for the water pump and led lighting (recently pinched the lighting one to run the smoker and air pump in the same boat, ran out of channels) and also in the ST for the same purpose. These will handle 10A (supposedly)and can be fed with (supposedly) up to 40v and are only switched by the receiver as apposed to powered by it.
    You just have to be careful with any Chinese stuff as their descriptions can be wrong (ie JST plug male and female plugs are often referred to in adverts the wrong way round - easy to do as the plugs are opposite to what nature intended๐Ÿ˜‰. (I think I may have knackered a few of mine not being awake while plugging power leads into the outputs) Cheap enough to buy a few of at a time. They were only around $9 NZ a while back but have jumped to around $12 in a few years (probably some of it because we are now getting whacked with 15% 'grab and snatch tax' since Dec 1 /19)

I have just purchased another one from RC Echo (pic) who I have dealt with for a number of years and have not let me down yet (you even get an instant receipt/invoice and another when it arrives) which is unusual for a Chinese Co. They have a lot of alternative stuff to HK and the prices are similar. As usual 'yer pays yer money and takes yer chances' - especially from H-King. RC Echo is a Hong Kong Co ( as is H-King,) -so probably a bit more reliable. they also have a PayPal option which is a bit of insurance.
    JB
    robbob
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Doug.
    Nothing wrong with your eyes chum, the switch is made or sold by 'orangeRX' according to the very poor documentation that Mike posted.
    Rob.
    "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana"
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi again,
    Found this further down the page Rob posted, looks useful and not so pricey!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Transmitter-Receiver-Controlle...
    Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Transmitter-Receiver-Controlled-ON-OFF-RX-Switch-10AMP-Drone-Plane-Boat-Car/254457084477?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%26algo%3DPL.SIMRVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190711100440%26meid%3Dcdd049d251ec46c9a97783c85015c870%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D3%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D202660286894%26itm%3D254457084477%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
    ๐Ÿ”—
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    "UPDATE.
    Graham is quite correct.
    Turns out that it does take it's supply from the RX ๐Ÿ˜ฎ"
    That was my take on the 2A switch Rob.
    "Perhaps use the two Turnigy's for the lighting circuits and the Orange one with a relay and separate supply for the pump? "
    Orange one? I must be going colour blind.๐Ÿ™ˆ
    Anyway, I would suggest using the two switches shown by Mike as follows-
    I would use the 10A switch for the pump, which apparently takes 2A max, and the 2A switch for lighting.
    I assume the lighting will be LED chains which will only need a few tens of mA per circuit. The RX battery / BEC will hardly notice that.๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't see any way to use the 2A switch with a separate load battery without modifying it, difficult, or damaging itโ˜น๏ธ
    The output wires of the 2A switch DO need to be connected with the correct polarity or it would probably destroy the output switching transistor and possibly short circuit โšกthe input supply from the RX, thus maybe killing the whole system.
    ---> 'Dead in the water'๐Ÿ˜ญ Pack your swimming trunks and a beach towel Mike!
    The input and output - wires are common!! The output having a black tracer on the - lead. I.e. you can't wire it like the Turnigy switch.
    That's my 'Chip' Rob, hope it helps you Mike.๐Ÿคž
    Cheers, Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    BTW: What I miss in both so called specs is a latching mode. Which is why I like the Action switches. You can set them to latch / unlatch or to only be ON when the TX switch or stick is activated.
    robbob
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I think all things considered the Orange RX is poorly documented and can't be described as a substitute for the Turnigy product.
    And ยฃ47 for the real thing is taking the p*5" ๐Ÿ˜ฎ but that's supply and demand for you!
    "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana"
    Show 16 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info