• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Stay Safe
    by Ron πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ ( Lieutenant Commander)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    19 Posts 18 Replies 3 Photos 22 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    Online: 5 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thank you Martin, I can see it becoming an irregular, regular feature of our lives if our movements are restricted very much longer.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    Online: 58 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Nerys,

I am glad you both enjoyed your Fish & Chips.
    You could put that down to exercise.
    Exercising your jaw muscles LOL!!

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Nerys
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    Online: 5 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    In Wales, we are directed not to go outside our local area for exercise, but nothing is said about shopping and if you do not live in town this could be quite some way. Now as I have to travel twelve miles each way to hospital twice a week and the supermarket is a similar distance, Yesterday, I saw no problem in going to my local B & Q, a similar distance, for some much needed stripwood for the model Dutch Schouw I am building. Fine, we queued to get in to B & Q, bought a good stock of various sizes of wood and then I had a brainwave. I have been missing regular injections of the fish and chips served in my favourite f and c restaurant, but, surely as it is still in the local authority in which we live, it cannot be illegal to go there for a takeaway. So that is what we did and a little while later we are sitting on the seafront with a large cod and chips each. Much appreciated. Did we break the law? I hope not, but certainly not as I interpreted things.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    peterd
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Happy days - We are finally starting our comeback from lockdown here in Qld Australia. A mad scramble to make our boats seaworthy again and be one of the 10 allowed to sail at a time from this Sunday. Had other plans but there are a lot of batteries being recharged, sails checked etc.
    jbkiwi
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Amazing when you know how flat it is out there, you wonder how it's possible, but I've seen the water level marks on the shop walls. I was impressed travelling out to Wee Waa (pronounced Wee War for those who are wondering) when all you could see was scattered trees, all the way to the horizon in places! Once did a shopping run to Narrabri in the farms' Holden ute, foot flat to the floor all the way for 25 miles.😊😁 Once drove to the end of Ku-Ring-Gai Chase (opp Palm beach) and thought at the time, not a good place to be caught in a fire, (no way out).

About 10yrs after I came back to NZ they had a big fire right through there which took out Skippys' home and I think just missed the Bahai temple. Galston Gorge is another place not to get stuck in! Always made me wonder why people built wooden houses in amongst some of the most flammable trees in the world. Greens have got a lot to do with the situation these days with their loony ideas.

Only morons would stop people trying to clear the kindling at ground level! Really needs a change to more fire resistant homes to suit the environment (a bit like putting your house on piles where it floods often) Nice to be individual with houses, but life's more important. Govt really needs to get A into G and get something rolling with new house builds.
    JB
    peterd
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Very true. Contrary to public belief, roos do not take the fences in a single bound, though i think Skippy did. They knock them over, if the emus have not already done so.

I was living in Narromine around 1978. Found a 12ft tinnie lodged 40ft up a gum tree overlooking the river 500m from our house.
    jbkiwi
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Amazing how the soil changes after a long period without rain there. Worked out in Wee Waa NE NSW on a cotton farm driving harvesters around 1973, and the same happened there. Hadn't rained for years and when it suddenly bucketed down, the dirt road outside our accommodation camp turned from concrete to knee deep slush in about 30 mins. When it rains there it really rains.

The last rain had flooded the entire Namoi area to about 6ft plus, which is amazing as the Namoi river channel is around 20ft deep and 100 plus feet wide and it came 8ft over the top, - water to the horizon apparently!
    Trouble with the roos is that normal fences don't stop them and you can't exactly herd them away, (or approach them without a Ned Kelly suit on or a lead pill dispenserπŸ˜‚)
    JB
    peterd
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    My daughter and husband have a 16,000 acre sheep station in Western NSW. First rain in 5 years. Had to sell the sheep, too much competition for grass from skippy.

Amazing how fast it will green up though.
    jbkiwi
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Re - Without wishing to detract at all from the gravity of fire and flood issues,

Don't forget about the 4 legged floor mop Doug😁
    JB
    jbkiwi
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ Stay Safe
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Re - Sorry about the smoke.
    No worries cobber, just a bit of airborne fertilizer, might help the plantsπŸ˜‚
    JB
    Show 9 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info