• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Almost out of lock down dinner.
    by jbkiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ ( Vice Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    34 Posts 33 Replies 3 Photos 58 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Newby7
    Commander
    πŸ“ Almost out of lock down dinner.
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    We are not even out of the first stage of covid-19 and there is talk of the second stage.Not sure of what the new normal will be as we all are still in for the long haul before we can start to get together.Rick
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    That's bad luck for both of them Colin, but unless you are in direct physical contact with them there should be no reason to stop you visiting your mum. There was something on the news this evening that travel restrictions were being lifted in Wales this coming weekend so you should be alright, but also your visit would be on compassionate grounds which has been allowed for a couple of weeks.

Do hope you can sort something out.

Best wishes, Nerys.
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Joe727
    Commander
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    A few weeks ago there started to be talk here in California about reopening things. Well the old saying....give them an inch they'll take a mile.... people just came out, traffic looked almost like normal. Well this week our covid cases are spiking, the curve going straight up.

I was planning on getting some of my new builds over to the pond for sea trials, but I now plan to wait it out and see what happens in the next few weeks. Stay safe, stay put!
    Joe πŸ‘
    Colin H
    Commodore
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Looks like lockdown is starting all over again, I was hoping to visit my mum in the next 2 weeks, but now my sister who lives near Leicester and works at a local school is back in lockdown when two parents contracted the covid virus.
    So it looks pretty bad again as another one of my sisters, has a family member in Kidderminster has tested positive.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    This isn't really related to model boats but watching an 'Alaska; film on TV last night, I saw shots of the Aurora Borealis and it reminded me of an old superstition or folk tale says that if the Aurora or Northern Lights are seen in England it foretells a disaster for the country. They were seen in 1939 and several times earlier this year. I won't say any more!

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Colin H
    Commodore
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thank you Nerys,
    I emailed mum a few minutes ago and we are planning on going to visit in a couple of weeks to take her garage over and get it erected for her.
    At last I will be able to use my trailer again for the tip run and the builders yard.
    Hope you're lake opens up soon. My local lake is closed to all because of the problems with the idiots partying and damage caused, and also fires and litter.
    I can't even walk my dog there now.
    Cheers Colin.
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Colin, at least there is good news for you today, you can come over the border to visit your mum on compassionate grounds from Monday and for any reason in two weeks. And about time too, I hear you say.

Cheers, Nerys
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Colin, Very pleased to hear that you have tried out the Bara Brith recipe and you all approve. I do hope your mother likes it too. I'm not surprised you didn't wait the two days before eating, we never do either. PLeased to hear your grandson is around and about, obviously getting over his accident, you'll have him in your workshop pretty soon, I hope.
    Anyway, best wishes to you and Caroline,
    Nerys
    Colin H
    Commodore
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Tried your Bara recipe, but sadly it didn't keep, we ate it after 24 hours.
    Now I need to make some more,
    will it keep if I make a few.
    Grandson called in today after hospital check up and ate 3 slices and he doesn't normally like cakes.
    My mum makes it differently as she doesn't weigh anything, but it always tastes great.
    I have sent her one for her 95th birthday on Saturday.
    I am sure she will tell me what she really thinks of it.
    Thank you Colin.
    Colin H
    Commodore
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Nerys, that's something I didn't know, and I often use their service.
    Cheers Colin.
    Show 24 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info