• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    WMBC BREAK-UP.
    by Colin H πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Vice Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    25 Posts 24 Replies 7 Photos 82 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    cormorant
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 21 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Those who know the chairman of WMBC would by no means describe him as 'little', but I'm sure Hitler fits the bill, as does megalomaniac.
    He did me a great favour, as my current club is totally different. The Chairman and Secretary are always approachable and ready to give advice and help where needed and in my three years I have never found any problems with other members.
    If you visit WMBC website you will see that they haven't sailed for months, whereas we have been active as and when covid regulations permit. This is down to the hard work of our Committee.
    I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure?
    redpmg
    Captain
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 13 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sounds like a little Hitler involved Steve - lots of those in this world unfortunately. As a retired Forensic Accountant I would be very suspicious of such activity.

Learnt over the years that there are very few people who like to run clubs (other than those who do so for their own aggrandisement and personal gain) or to be on committees - usually left up to a stalwart few. I am lucky enough to still be an honorary member of SRCMBC although I left in 2009. The Scale Section Captain is trying to step down due to poor health after nearly 20years but its difficult to find a replacement. The long suffering treasurer is still there after volunteering in the early 2000's - as are most of the other committee members. The club website was set up and run by a member who is also a member of the Coast Watch which takes up a lot of his time. There is a lot involved in running the club as it uses Setley Pond in the New Forest - which falls under Forestry rules and regulations - plus coping with the usual Mother Grundy's amongst the local residents who complain about the slightest noise.................

Where I live now the nearest other model boater is about 170km away - so its good to keep up with things through the club newsletters, MB magazine and the model boating websites.
    Newby7
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thank's Steve for sharing the information about your club. Enjoyed viewing the boats of your members.
    Rick
    cormorant
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 21 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Colin
    As you know, I was a founder member of WMBC and served on the committee as treasurer.
    My tenure only lasted a short time.
    At my first AGM in post I started to collect subscriptions for the following year. I was rudely interrupted by the Chairman, also a founder member and who had elected himself, walking past with his partner, who had just been unlawfully elected membership secretary.
    His passing remark was "Don't bother with that, waste of time!"
    He then set up at another table with his 'membership secretary' and started collecting subscriptions.
    I could tell many more stories about his 'rule', so current events do not surprise me in the slightest.
    I resigned and joined Gloucester Model Boat Club.
    I have been there some years now and have been more than happy with all involved. There are three sailing venues, including Gloucester Docks.
    Google maps tell me that the venue at Over is 25miles from you or a 45 minute drive. There is easy access including wheelchairs.
    You will find more here https://gdmbc.co.uk

Hope this helps

Steve
    https://gdmbc.co.uk
    πŸ”—
    I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure?
    Colin H
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Rick, that's the attitude of most modellers I've encountered over my 60+years of modelling, and I love trying to encourage others.
    My models aren't museum quality but built with love and sailed with pride.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Newby7
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    For me I joined a club for information and help. It turned out there were areas I could help others. If you being part of the club helps other that is a bonus.
    Positive support is the right thing to do.
    Rick
    AtreiusModels
    Leading Seaman
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    This is why I like my current model boat club, I have a habit of building model boats that don't adhere to any prototypes and are purely freelance as do some of said club's members. One of the long standing members made a floating kitchen sink!
    The aim when building and sailing them is to have fun! I haven't had a cross word said about any of my craft (at least not to my face) so can only assume they bring an element of joy to others as well.
    If you have a difference of opinion or grievance with another member then resolve with it appropriately, not drag the rest of the club into it and spoil things for others.
    Newby7
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Colin lets hope the club is continuing.The Park sounds like it would be fun for all ages.
    Rick
    Colin H
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    That's the one Ron, but these were listed before the split, and as yet to be confirmed. I hope that it will be settled soon as they usually have some great events at the home venue, Cob House Country Park.
    There is a lakeside cafe, a children's activity playground, mini zoo and great open playing field. Also some great fishing lakes.
    Entry to the park and grounds is free.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Ron
    Captain
    πŸ“ WMBC BREAK-UP.
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Is this the same group?
    https://www.worcestermodelboatclub.com/wmbc-events

They have some 2021 events planned.
    https://www.worcestermodelboatclub.com/wmbc-events
    πŸ”—
    Show 15 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info