• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Dremel 965
    by Seaspray πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Warrant Officer)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    18 Posts 17 Replies 9 Photos 20 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Seaspray
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    ToraDog I've the same problem switch on and the Dremel is at setting 2 speed wises. Where I win is it gets into very small spaces. Doing a investigating into fault finding with the 965 Dremel
    ToraDog
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    This is a bit off the mark, but it's Dremel related. I have always objected to to the speed of Dremel tools, especially when working with really small bit. I was in a large box store the other day and stumbled upon this:
    https://us.dremel.com/en_US/products/-/show-product/tools/hs...
    It is quite nice with some feature I really like, such as adjustable torgue setting, and especially a trigger that is activated by simply pushing the tool onto the work. However the real reason I bought it was the slower speed. Much better control for drilling and a nice power screwdriver. It cost around $45 US and recharges via a USB cord from a computer of the supplied transformer.
    https://us.dremel.com/en_US/products/-/show-product/tools/hses-01-cordless-electric-screwdriver
    πŸ”—
    Seaspray
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I bought two spare drill triggers from Ali Express. Didn't realise they were in the USA 3 month waiting for delivery but the only cost 6 dollars for the two. They can keep them if they want import tax and vat Comes back again and again the old stuff does last longer.
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sounds good, very handy tools for the small stuff. I still have a tiny French made Precision Petite hobby tool which was given to me 56 yrs ago for my 12th birthday, and it still works perfectly, and is super handy, (pic of one on EBay) mine has a different box. You can buy similar things on Ali Express which are just 550 motors with a chuck screwed on the shaft,- handy for small spaces, or with a mount as a dowel borer or cutoff wheel etc.

JB
    Seaspray
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Bought one off EBay yesterday seems it is hardly use with accessories. Don't need the accessories just the Dremel. It looked a really good. Any kinda big job I 'll use the Macalister combi drill.
    Seaspray
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The one that went boom is made in USA the other in Mexico
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    An up to date one is probably a better option. Mine are Chinese and work fine, (about 15yrs old) but not fantastic quality. Good thing is, you can buy 2 or 3 for the price of a Dremel, (which is probably made in China these days anyhow)? I bought my son a Stanley hobby tool set, and that's Chinese made. All made to a price.

JB
    Seaspray
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Yes the dremel is for hobbyist and it doesn't have much torque nor does it like long running times. I can get spares once I have a more in depth look at it. Surprise its AC straight in to it I am use to it being a knocked down voltage and DC. Also have another spare one on the workstation. Spares money, effort , time doesn't outweigh buying a good one off EBay. Have my eye on one at the moment. Also the 3000 is a reasonable price and it fits the workstation. Just finished fitting a new electronic trigger to my Macalister drill Just keeps happening doesn't it. Seems like the 395 is similar to the 965

https://www.sparetoolparts.co.uk/dremel/dremel-395-f-013-039...
    https://www.sparetoolparts.co.uk/dremel/dremel-395-f-013-039-5fr-spare-parts-list.html
    πŸ”—
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Re,- I think we perhaps expect more from them than their design allows.
    Quite true Dave, - not sure what the Dremel is, (125w?) but mine are similar and only 135w (not much more than a big light bulb) so not really for leaning on, (rely on revs not torque to get things done) If it's your switch that's dud, and if this is the switch, buy a sack full for spares.
    220v 5 speed just not linear. Cheap enough to just buy one to try.

JB
    dave976
    Master Seaman
    πŸ“ Dremel 965
    Flag
    Online: 18 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I have a couple of Dremels but avoid using to sand fibreglass and use the hoover to clean the air vents frequently. Running at high speed is also useful as it helps clear any dust and cools the motor. Erratic slow speed often occurs after continuous use probably due to heat problems and usually clears if left to cool and then run at fast speed for a few mins. Very useful piece of hobby kit but I think we perhaps expect more from them than their design allows.
    Show 8 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info