After having primed the cabins and cut out the windows, I started on working out the flaws, etc. Lots of sand - paint - sand . When I had her very close I cut out window templates with card stock. I then framed the windows with plastic trim the width of the frame itself. I glued them in proud so they stood out half way. I then sanded them smooth to the windows.
I worked on the cabin floor frames and have them in, matching the rake of the rub rails as in the schematics.
I also put the stern Mahogany on with a piece of left over mahogany I had laying around. It was sored for another model fittings and I glued the score and put that facing inboard. It sits a bit proud in that area. I will see how it comes out. If I am not happy I will make my own transom as I have the interior panels as you will see.
To get the windows right and smooth took a lot of meticulous time.
Then back to the hull. As you can see I inserted the porthole frames (the forward two first) then sanded them smooth to the hull. After that I spent hours upon hours trying to get the hull right. By this I really mean the forward bow area. So many curves and bows to it. I want to make it true as possible to the actual bow of this CC.
On the rear transom the upper cap rail actually sits higher in the center. Curves up at the middle. I made that of laminated balsa and sanded it to true.
So now after seeing and fixing so many small flaws, I have the hull where I think it will pass muster. All porthole frames are in. I also put on a small leading edge on the bow.
Hot here, so I am waiting a couple of days to give her another coat of Krylon. Should gloss her up nice. The Krylon can really take up to a month to fully cure. I will paint the antifoul much later as she needs to handled so much still.