• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    My latest acquisition, a Myford Super Seven.
    by GaryLC πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Sub-Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    35 Posts 34 Replies 10 Photos 116 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ My latest acquisition, a Myford Super Seven.
    Flag
    Online: 11 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Steve, thought you guys were still locked down, haven't seen the news for a while and sick of chinflu jab hassling on radio an TV, it's like Chinese water torture and brain washing all at once !
    10,000 positive traces and 40 deaths since it started (mostly people in rest homes about to drop off anyhow) Not too worried about it, but they are still talking about wiping it out, which is impossible. We are getting vaccine passports for travel, bars, events etc, but not for shops. Shopping is limited and food places sell at the door still.

At least there is still on-line shopping for model stuff if necessary. I,m tendingto buy things locally now, sick of waiting months for China stuff . Just received a part for a future project - 72 days and 70 postal processes from China to here,- ridiculous ! Bought my chuck and drive pulley locally which took a few days, the tailstock chuck from China took 2 weeks, which was unusually good, (must have used a decent carrier. Belts from EBay have been about 3 weeks so far,- still in China !

JB
    zooma
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    Online: 6 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Garry,
    I am pleased that your Super 7 has been re-united with its original Myford "coffin" stand.(so named due to its shape)
    With regards to the lifting, I used to always reckon that lifting a Super 7 in comfort was best done as a two person operation - but lifting a Super 7 with a Norton gearbox attached was better done as a thee person operation!
    That Norton gear box adds quite a bit of weight...or maybe its just the "final straw" that makes the difference ?
    Looking forward to seeing some more pictures when the bed and gearbox have been painted πŸ‘
    Bob.
    Never too old to learn
    stevedownunder
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 0 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi JB,

We aren't locked down anymore people who are jabbed have most of their "freedoms" returned. My wife and I are not jabbed, and due to the premiers "mandate" which is why we couldn't get into a hardware store and why I cannot go to work (working remotely) and face a big fine if I set foot inside the building, all very stressful.
    Personally I am more concerned about the vaccine than covid and believe me I don't want to get covid.
    So much for our constitution and basic human rights!!!

Over here they don't say if the people who have passed have been jabbed any more, I recall a few weeks ago something like 7 people passed over night for example and only one was not jabbed that was on the normal news.

Having a well equipped workshop adds so much flexibility to what you can create.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 11 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Steve, don't know why you guys are still locked down, a bit ridiculous as it has been proven round the world it's a waste of time,- just kills business and stresses everyone. There comes a time where you have to just get out there and deal with it. We are pretty much back to normal bar wearing masks in shops, scanning in etc, but we have had an increase in traces (wish they would stop calling them 'cases') as most people with traces do not end up in hospital, or even get sick. We are supposed to have a 'traffic light' system coming soon (another govt joke) but I don't think people are going to take a lot of notice,- hence we are being threatened with fines now (more control attempts from a desperate govt).

We've had the usual few oldies die from it, but on the whole is seems to be not too bad so far. Thousands down the beach here last weekend,- you'd never know there was a pandemic on ! Summer's coming, so that might slow the chinflu down some more. Had a jab a few weeks back, but it's been giving me bicep pains and cramps (felt like a lump moving down from my shoulder) too late now, it's in there and no getting it out.

I'm happy to have the lathe now, as it will allow for a bit more freedom from on line shopping. Have to make some covers for the drives yet, but it's going to be very useful. Already have future jobs in mind for it. You don't have to think where you are going to get a small spacer for eg any more, just knock one up in 5 mins.

JB
    stevedownunder
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 0 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Gary,

Yes my wife and I were turned away from a hardware shop on Sunday.

There are no problems in the model ship yard as I tend to make most things myself and can buy almost anything I need online, main problem is the same old one, Time!!!

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    Scratchbuilder
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Gary.
    Your right.They are heavy little beasts aren’t they.
    Good buy re the paint.
    Keep at it.
    Regards Bill.
    Never give up.It will come right in the end.
    GaryLC
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Bob, yes, I have also seen that rather expensive little tin of touch-up paint which I thought was unbelievable. Today was a big day on the progress front, as the lathe which was on the garage floor, has now been repatriated with the coffin stand which is in my workshop, care of my brother Chris. Now it is all in one lump let the painting commence in earnest, the biggest surprise of the day and I certainly had my doubts, was the fact I managed to lift the headstock end onto its retaining studs on the coffin stand. this was executed in a plan of three lifts, from floor to trolley, trolley to workmate, and workmate to coffin stand, and a huge sigh of relief was uttered by all, what a heavy little bugger it is. Mind a job well done and some thing which I don't need to worry about any more. Regards , Gary.
    Gary Steam Marine, the only way to go.
    zooma
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I have several "new" tins of genuine (un-opened) Myford paint.

Maybe I am wealthier than I thought I was ? πŸ€£πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚
    Never too old to learn
    zooma
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I was scrolling through the Myford section of parts on eBay (its a habit!) and was surprised to see a tin of Myford paint for sale at Β£42.00 - plus Β£6 postage!

The picture shows the actual tin being offered.

........sounds like a bargain 🀣
    Never too old to learn
    Vanya
    Able Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 24 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    She is known in the family as Edna.

I was thinking about this reply from a Kiwi perspective.

If I recall Jeremy Clarkson’s β€œ girlfriend” has a red Fegy… tractor.
    Show 25 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info