• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    LST 368
    by Nerys ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    207 Posts 206 Replies 40 Photos 552 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 49 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Still waiting for a fine day to take the LST outside for spraying. Amazingly, for Soggy Swansea, it's been dry this last few days, but far too cold for spraying. In the meantime work is proceeding on the barge, rigging is in process, hull all but finished. The camper too is coming along, Alice is making the roof cupboards for the starboard side, port are done and the track for the sliding doors has arrived.. There's still a lot of electrical work to do. And I made some sausage rolls today.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 24 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    "Will be opening very carefully ..."
    Are you expecting it to go off on opening Rowen ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ ... ๐Ÿค•

I was just leaving ๐Ÿ˜Œ
    G'night All, don't let the bed bugs bite now ๐Ÿ˜
    ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    RHBaker
    Lieutenant Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks Nerys,
    Will be opening very carefully and inspecting.
    Been reading of your trials and tribulations.
    Good luck and Best Wishes.
    Rowen
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    For your sake, I hope it is better than the guns supplied in my kit!

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    RHBaker
    Lieutenant Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 12 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Have just ordered a Bofors gun from Deans. Was surprised about the handling charge, but accepted it.
    Have not dealt with them for years. Was disappointed in an earlier purchase.
    Am not that bothered about the handling, if the quality is good. Will post my impressions in due course.
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Bill,

With the amount of negative statements aimed at Deans on this website, I can't believe he has never either seen them or at least, heard about them, I think he just couldn't care less what people say about him and will continue to exploit anyone silly enough to buy from him. I'm guilty, I had read all the negative comments, knew about the extra charges, but still bought, just because nobody else does that kit. But as I said before, I wish I had bought a plan and built from scratch.

Cheers, Nerys
    Scratchbuilder
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Nerys.
    I concur with your remarks in all aspects.
    As you know there have been many comments with regards to Deans products on our site over the years.Most of the comments have been to their detriment including from me.I will never touch them again after the way I was treated when I dared to question a product fault.
    I find it hard to believe that with the vast membership numbers that we have that someone somewhere hasnโ€™t pointed out to Deans our dissatisfaction that is posted on here to them.If they had you would think they would defend themselves.Perhaps they think they are untouchable.
    Anyway....moan over. Looking forward to seeing the finished item after the spray job.
    Keep at it.
    Stay safe and well Everyone.
    Regards
    Bill
    Bill
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    It's called profit making Ian or as I prefer to think exploitative profiteering.

Nerys
    Ianh
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 6 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Nerys
    As they say once bitten twice shy.
    Why on earth a handling charge to check the kit when they manufacture the kit I cannot understand
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ LST 368
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Now that the dust has had time to settle on the LST, literally, and all we are waiting for is a reasonably warm still day as we can only spray outdoors, I would like to give my thoughts on the kit and the building thereof.
    I consider the kit to be very expensive made worse by the imposition of quite heavy carriage charges and worst of all, a handling charge. How Deans can have the nerve to charge this I do not know. They say that it is to check the contents of the kit to make sure everything is there etc. If this is so, they didn't do a very good job in my kit. Several bits missing ,broken or listed but unfindable.
    I admit that my inexperience in building a plastic kit did not help, as I struggled particularly trying to glue bits together despite using all the specified adhesives. I thought that the standard of the many odd bits was very poor \and in some cases like the rudders, props, prop shafts were unusable and had to be replaced. Many of the plastic odd bits stuck around on the decks were unrecognisable and might just as well have not been there. I found some of the things like the guns impossible to stick together and of incredibly poor quality.
    A worry at the moment is that as it will be necessary to vacuum clean the model before spraying, how many bits will fall off when I do so.
    As many members know, I only built this model as a tribute to my father who commanded 368 during the war. Had I known what I was letting myself in for, I would have bought the plans and built the model from scratch in wood.
    Would I buy a kit from Deans again, definitely no. Perhaps they wouldn't sell me one!

Nerys
    Show 197 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info