• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    LST 368
    by Nerys πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Fleet Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    278 Posts 277 Replies 63 Photos 725 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ToraDog
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 4 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    "I was surprised to find out how little development there has been" When you have a good thing that works right, do not mess with it. The perfect example of the KISS principle at work.
    I love watching them, but the thought of hitting the ice( hard non moving object) at great speed, dos nothing for this tired aging body, even if the surface is slipperier than cat snot.
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    They are a good size Ron, must be around the 8ft mark? Might look out for those seeds at the garden center, and have a go in a proper bed as you have. I know they like a lot of food.

JB
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 17 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    That, Ron, is something I'd like to try, an ice yacht, model or real and particularly a real one. The only time I've seen any was on a lake in the Jura near the French winter resort of Les Rousses. Could they move, pull in the mainsheet and off they'd go, down the other end of the lake in seconds. I was surprised to find out how little development there has been. Several there that day were of the Detroit News sponsored class and I remembered reading about those in American magazines of my father's in the 1940's.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Ron
    Commodore
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 21 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Yes, much softer than the frozen variety. Though some rejoice with the hard water by sailing Rc ice boats.
    Ron
    Commodore
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Burpee seeds, package says Pike’s Peak suppose to grow 4.6M We planted them several times near the house and some critter came around at night chewing off the stem. I even put wire fencing around the one remaining plant to no avail. The critter must have been hungry as it broke through the fencing to cut down the plant which by then was close to 2M.

Catharine planted the three seen here in the raised bed which also enclosed the rhubarb plants.
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I think it's that humans are social animals Gary, and when we are locked up or restricted from interacting fully, we naturally tend to get a bit down ( dogs locked in a yard all day with no company will start pining and howling, and that's just a day!) We've been restricted for a year which we unfortunately won't get back. We are lucky at least to have this hobby, (or any other) which must lessen the stress to some extent. Many people have no hobbies, so imagine how hard it is for them to find something to do.

Once we figure out how to live with this virus, we'll be back to some sort of normal in no time, I'm sure. I feel sorry for the millions of business owners who have been destroyed by this, and consider myself lucky to be retired and building model boats etc, and not worrying about losing everything I have.

JB
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    We're actually just starting spring in NZ now Ron, and the weather is starting to warm up. You're lucky to have all those lakes up there,- ours are miles away (mostly in the bottom of the south island). Hoping to get some boating in soon, and hoping to have the new model up and running by the time the sun comes back. Great sunflowers by the way (Russian 'Sky scrapers' by any chance?) My best was 8' 3" in good soil,- fun to grow, but mice used to steal the seeds at night. Cant grow them in this place unfortunately, too much clay,-still have a packet of unused seeds.

JB
    ToraDog
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 4 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Ron,
    You forgot to mention that this time of year, our water is a LOT softer too! Certainly makes running them easier.
    Ron
    Commodore
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Jumping into this discussion with my two bits, summer is generally not a boat building time for us in the northern hemisphere. You members down N.Z. or S.A. way, are in the depth of winter, so you will be posting building blogs.

Around here there is gardening, lawn to maintain, house up keep, camping, activities with grand kids and golf. Take your pick as to the primary activity.

😎
    GaryLC
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ LST 368
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I had to reply to this for two reasons, one I am a very big Nerys fan and have the greatest respect for the lady. Secondly, this current lack of interest that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment, everything you said is very applicable to me at this moment of time, and I am wondering was it something they put into that damn Corvid vaccine? Regards, Gary.
    Gary Steam Marine, the only way to go.
    Show 268 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info