• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Batteries
    by Maverick ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    37 Posts 36 Replies 1 Photo 65 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Scratchbuilder
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 25 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Tom.
    Not at all.
    Have sent you a PM.
    Regards Bill.
    Never give up.It will come right in the end.
    BOATSHED
    Sub-Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 13 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Scratchbuilder,
    I hope that I havn't said anything wrong to offend or spoil the way this site works.
    I just thought my comments were in somewhat of a constructive nature. I have been a modeler for 63 years now and I don't think I will ever give it up. I still feel that even now I have a lot to learn.
    My modeling skills are just basic realy, as everyhting I do has to be by hand as I have no heavy work machines, just 1 basic pilar drill and a couple of bench grinders with grind wheels and wire brush and a polishing wheel. That's my full power side of my modeling machines.
    My wife is not amused when I bring another boat or car home, lost count up to now 17 or 18ish. Only about 4 runners now as I have pulled all IC motors out now and about to sell the last 3 IC's hopefully on Ebay.
    Also just put two RAF Crash Tenders on Ebay, and one of them is an original Aerokits model I bought in 1994 still in unmade kit form.
    Going brushless and still going to fit one or two with brushed one will be a Taycol Double Supermarine .
    Sorry to go on.
    Once again I hope I have not have been in anyway a problem on here.
    TOM aka BOATSHED.
    BOATSHED
    ChrisF
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Elvis has left the building! ๐Ÿ‘
    Building 6 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and another in the pipeline!
    Scratchbuilder
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Peter.
    I concur 100%.
    It is such a shame when things like this occur.
    It spoils the superb good nature of our site.
    Regards Bill.
    MouldBuilder
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I must say that I can only agree with Steveโ€™s (cormorant) comments in the main. These threads should never have been allowed to get abusive and they certainly should have been edited and the poster warned. There are young people and ladies viewing this site and if for nothing else, these remarks and the people making them should have some form of action taken to stop it immediately. How many highly experienced modellers, such as Steve and Martin, does it take to lose before something is done.
    Peter.โ˜น๏ธ
    I cannot promise to finish one project before starting another. I know, I tried.
    ChrisF
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Despite his promise he's been darkening our doors again!
    Building 6 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and another in the pipeline!
    Scratchbuilder
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Ladies and Gents.
    One thousand,two thousand,three thousand โ€ฆ and take a deep breath !!!

For various family reasons I havnโ€™t been able to interact and build much of late on the site,but I still read all the members posts.

As an ex moderator please donโ€™t let personal frustrations be put into print at the expense of others.
    We are all different in every wayโ€ฆ.thank goodness!.
    I will not take sides but agree that this thread seems to be going round and round.
    A lot of people have offered very good and constructive information which I for one understand.

Perhaps time to put this one to bed to stop anymore upset.
    We certainly donโ€™t want to loose valuable members and their building skills.

Chill all.itโ€™s Friday night so have a ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท
    Regards Bill.
    Colin H
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Steve, I'm surprised by your remarks.
    This site is by far the best for this hobby.
    As for adverts, it only takes a small donation to the site and they disappear, I believe what I've learnt on here is worth a lot more than my contributions.
    Occasionally we get people who don't understand the information given even in simple turns, but I do agree we shouldn't have to put up with abuse.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    BOATSHED
    Sub-Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 13 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I find this now most upsetting. I have been on this site now for 13 years or there abouts. We are all on here to seek out help and information to aid us all in our model boating. When we register we don't put on here that we have any dissabilities in anyway.
    Whether it be Learning, Phisical or Mental. ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™Š
    I am no moderator but shouldn't all the sniping just cease and all of us be the adults that we are. It would be a shame to loose both Maverick and cormorant for pointless remarks. None of us are too old to learn, I myself have learn't a lot from being on here.
    I hope I haven't offended anyone with my remarks, we all do this type of hobbyis such a way that we feel we like the most. I am a self confessed speed freak and find I like this the most. I started off with an RAF Crash Tender in 1959 and joined this site when it was the Fireboat Site for this reason but has evolved to accomodate all types of boating. But I had been enjoying all types of speedboat models as I grew older. I have never been in to Battleships, Submarines, Tug boats or Sailing Boats, but I wouldn't tell anyone to change from there perticular style of boating.
    Sorry once again if I have offended anybody.
    But lets all just be friendly and stay on here and enjoy our Hobby.
    BOATSHED
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Batteries
    Flag
    Online: 8 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Maverick, just try asking a question with Google search. For example, type this in the Google search box,- 'what motor setup should I use in my Fairey Huntsman', --and you'll have all the information you will need. All the information is on the web, either here or elsewhere, and has been for years. The trick with Google search is to try different ways of asking questions, if you only get a few results with a question, try asking it a different way, and you will be surprised what changes.

Asking questions here is fine if you have exhausted other methods, but some questions take a huge amount of time to answer, and can't be done in one sentence. It's very hard for people to know exactly what you want and how much money you have to spend. Have a good look round Hobby King as well, which will give you an idea of prices for different motors and batteries. Also search on Ali Express and Banggood for motors, batteries, shafts etc. Once you get an idea of what's available, it's easier to ask is motor X suitable, will battery Y go with motor X etc,- gives you a starting point,

JB
    Show 27 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info