• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    advice on which flysky transmitter to use
    15 Posts ยท 10 Followers ยท 2 Photos ยท 36 Likes
    Began 1 year ago by
    Lieutenant Commander
    United Kingdom
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 1 year ago by
    Vice Admiral
    Hungary
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    MouldBuilder
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡บ Hungary
    ๐Ÿ“ advice on which flysky transmitter to use
    34 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 22 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I have a couple of Frsky i6xโ€™s but needed something a little more complex to run the 16 channels on my Dusseldorf. I upgraded to the Frsky Taranis Plus which operates on the open TX software. It can take 60 models, each one completely independent. You can run 16 channels by either using two X8R receivers or one X8R and the other eight with s-bus connected.
    The cost is three times that of the i6x but if you intend to do more complex models in the future, a good investment. The open TX software is much easier to use.
    Peter.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I cannot promise to finish one project before starting another. I know, I tried.
    Login To
    Remove Ads

cdnfurball
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Canada
    42 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 4 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    My 2 centsโ€ฆ..
    After some research before buying a radio / receiver, I ended up buying the Flysky FS-GT5 radio and the FS-BS-6 rec. ( 6 channel ) just in case I build something that requires 6. Now Iโ€™m waiting for open water testing, so this was strictly based on reviews and budget.
    Donโ€™t get stressed, CAUSE IT !
    Hhager2
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    52 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    I guess on this side of pond I see futaba, jr and spektrum transmitters. I have had spektrums since they first came out. It holds all my planes n boats in memory. New receivers are easy binding. For aircraft n Helis it has great features for mixing, flaps, video and more. You can desensitize the sticks so they are not as sensitive near center. It has enough channel switches as well. I use it on my submarine, sailboat, paddle boat n speed boats. Never used flysky so I thought Iโ€™d give spektrum a plug here.

I found this in Los Angeles burbank hobby shop fir $20. Box ripped but all parts in it. I screwed up the motor pinion gear. I may have to shelve it n take the gear box home to east coast n fix it. Or replace with standard motor n Servo setup. As building it would do figure 8โ€™s. We had great time at Grammys n after party Sunday. Met a lot of UK residents who build boats too there.
    Howard hager
    Len1
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    57 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 13 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Flysky has just released an update on their FS-ST8 that gives the radio 12 channels and is available as a download. In addition they now have a 12 channel receiver and also a Hall gimbal upgrade.
    I agree that it is a bummer that this radio needs different receiver protocol but since I only needed to get one replacement receiver and now that there is a 12 channel available to works for me. I use it for my trucks as well as my tug, I really like it. LEN
    LEN1
    dave976
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    60 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 3 months ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    I have to agree that the FlySky i6x and its 10 channel version is a good choice for most model boat users. Yes there are other systems that offer similar if not more options but for simplicity the FlySky is in my opinion the easiest to set up and use and meets most modellers requirements. If you need even more channels you can buy receivers with the s-bus sytem.
    As an ex flyer I used to use Futaba and have FrSky Taranis. Hitek and recently the Radiomaster sets and have helped others with their Spectrums.
    The Open Tx software provided a solid system but sadly stalled a few yeras ago but fortunately Edge TX has emerged and offers many enhancements from Open Tx.
    Regretably FlSky seem to have abandonded their roots and their new system Fs-ST8 is incompatible with all of their previous offerings.
    If starting from scratch I suppose the new system is OK but if you already have the original I would stick with that especially if all your other receivers are ok,
    dave976
    LewZ
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    67 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 34 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Right!

Let's do a little comparison between two of my radios, the Fly Sky and the Spectrum. (I have others but will limit this comment to these two.)

There is a significant weight difference between the two, the Spectrum being much heavier and a much stiffer feel. The controls on the Spectrum, especially the joysticks, have a much smoother and stronger feel to them.

That being said, when you're holding a radio while controlling your vehicle lightness has an advantage. Frankly, I do not notice the difference in feel of the controls when operating the vehicle. Probably paying too much attention to having fun as opposed to comparing the feel of the controls.

Lew
    Lew Zee (LewsModelBoats.org)
    mturpin013
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    69 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Flysky i6x for value and reliability no question. I look at some transmitters costing hundreds of pounds more but I can't see the benefits of spending that much
    jimdogge
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    73 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 1 month ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hi Stephen T, many years back had the same problem lots of Tx,s and Rx,s pitching up at the lake with a different Tx for every model. Got a little fed up with carting more than one or two Txs about so l bought myself a Radiomaster tx16 with this little gem l was able to bind all of my Rx,s.
    they are a little more involved setting up than a flysky but if your used to a programmable Tx l would definatly consider the Radiomaster
    stay safe Jim.
    Len1
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    74 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 13 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    The Flysky radios are great and I really l really like them over other open TX firmware radios like the Radiomaster TX16S which I previously used, why too complicated. The Flysky FS-I6X is a great radio except for the obnoxious decoration on the face plate, just MHO. I have just switched over to the new Flysky FS-ST8. it can support up to 10 channels but the down side is that you can not use the receivers that you used with the TXI6x because the ST-8 uses an ANT protocol. This is not a problem for me as I only needed to change 1 out of 3 receivers. I am not sure but there may be a way to use the older receivers but I am not sure how to do this. The ST-8 has added 2 additional switches to the radio. They are momentary 2 position center off switches located on the upper sides of the radio and very conveniently placed. One of the great things about these radios is that they support S-BUS so it greatly reduces the amount of wires going to the receivers. LEN
    LEN1
    johnf
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    67 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hi Steven,

Agree with all others that the FlySky 6i is a great rc System. Being very good value, it is also the favourite system in our club.

Just be aware that the Turnigy 6i is identical apart from the name and with many suppliers offering this kit just look around for the best price.

The transmitter comes with a match in AFDS 2 receiver which gives limited real time feedback of signal strength received and receiver voltage back to the transmitter screen.hi

If you can live with "only" 3 channels and without these features (as indeed do practically all other rc systems and brands), you can save quite a bit of cash by buying FlySky GR3E receivers!

With best wishes Dr John Fowler Leeds & Bradford BBC. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    Show 5 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy