• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Night Watch
    by RNinMunich ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ( Fleet Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    850 Posts 849 Replies 56 Photos 950 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    Online: 41 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    My greetings across the ocean - Lt.Errol Cat, pleased to see that you have resumed active patrols in an attempt to hit the Oklahoma rabbits on their home turf. Enjoy the R & R next week and stock up on all the treats you deserve.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Cashrc
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Flash traffic....message as follows:
    From LT Errol Cat, Texas Navy, Feline Division:
    โ€Meow, meow, meow, purr,purr, hisss....caterwaul, meow, meow meowโ€
    Translation follows....
    โ€œHave assumed temporary command of โ€œCottonmouthโ€, the PT of the Texas Navy. Have just started patrols of Lake Texoma. No contact yet with Oklahoma Rabbits of either their regular navy nor their Reserves. However, intel indicates they may try to deploy Covid laced barbecue on the Texas side of Texoma. Will investigate further. Boat will lay up next week to take on provisions and supplies, including Shiner beer for the crew and my weekly catnip ration. Will transmit our findings soonโ€
    Transmission ends
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I doubt if they still have Beriozka shops in Russia any longer, I do have lasting memories of them in Moscow and Leningrad. There was a big one at the river end of Red Square if I remember correctly as well as in most hotels. They died out long ago in Romania, chiefly remembered there as a source of illegal money exchanges and a place to buy coffee to give to friendly Romanians, Oh! the tales of the Dollar shops, I could go on for hours. However, I digress Fleet, your message re vodka has been received and fully understood.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    " I think I'd rather go to Kirkenes for supplies and fuel"
    Agreed and approved VAdm Nerys.
    When in Murmansk get me bottle (or two๐Ÿ˜‰) of Stolichnaya, or even Beluga Vodka if you can find it!๐Ÿ˜‹
    Is there still a Beryozka shop in Murmansk I wonder? I suppose they don't need them any more now!
    FLEET//๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    To, Fleet Admiral at MBNHQ, Munchen.
    Thank you for your message which brought some relief. I had visions of a trip across the length of the Russian Arctic to approach the Bering Sea from the west. I have vague memories from my past of reading an article about someone who actually did that in a small boat.
    I shall put the order for the ice breaker on hold for now.
    Goodwill visit to Murmansk that's definitely on but I think I'd rather go to Kirkenes for supplies and fuel, the Russian trawlers do that.

Vice Admiral Nerys
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    FLASH MESSAGE TO VICE ADMIRAL NERYS
    REF: "If I am to take command of the Arctic Ocean, Lofoten Islands, and, the Norwegian Sea which are all areas bordering Northern Europe, can you advise me what route to take when visiting the Bering Sea?"
    Belay that order Admiral, was looking at the wrong chart๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    The Barents Sea was meant of course๐Ÿ˜‰But staying outside Russian territorial waters, except for the occasional Goodwill / re-supplying visit to Murmansk perhaps.
    FLEET//๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    That's quite an idea Colin, the rib might do for both purposes., though on thinking about it, there's not a lot of water in places around Hay. Covid refugees from Wales? quite likely, police patrols on the roads and you stopping them on the river, I can visualise it now, flotillas of coracles crossing the river and you sending them back, perhaps they'll set up a Jungle style camp somewhere on the border.
    By the way if you acquire any confiscated or even bargain price salmon, I'm always interested.

Cheers Nerys
    Colin H
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks Admiral Nerys, I could always get an airboat, I could patrol upstream to Rhayader and downstream to Chepstow and keep watch for refugees from Wales trying to get into England or for those pesky salmon poachers.
    Keeping a fast patrol boat at Chepstow for scudding round to Aberystwyth to visit mother.
    As there's a lot of handy coves on the west Wales coast that could harbour smugglers I think a fast RIB would be best.
    Further ideas gratefully received, cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Commodore Colin, you are more than welcome to use our existing facilities in South Wales and that would probably be better than trying to operate from Chepstow which is probably your nearest deep water as you would then have to negotiate the shallows of the Lower Severn. However I think it might be an interesting exercise to 'Show the Flag' occasionally in your home waters.

Vice Admiral Nerys
    figtree7nts
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Night Watch
    Flag
    Online: 5 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Ouch!

Cheers, Ed
    "Fair winds calm Seas" 73's
    Show 840 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info