• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Lockdown NZ, - finally!
    by jbkiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ ( Fleet Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    29 Posts 28 Replies 6 Photos 46 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Hillro
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Lockdown NZ, - finally!
    Flag
    Online: 4 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi guys.
    Latested update from Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Cases dropping again. It's difficult to know why but it could be because holiday makers have gone home.
    Edinburgh was packed with tourists.
    I understand the infections mainly from people under 30.
    I have included a screen dump of the hospital admissions which are now over a 1000. These will likely drop in a couple of weeks following the infection rate.
    It seems the Scottish government is trying out "we have to live with it"
    The deaths related to the virus are staying level about 10 a day.
    We are still wearing masks on public transport and shops, which is really not that difficult.
    Not getting much info on NZ , how is it going?
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Dead right PP!, as has been said by many old races, - we don't control the earth, it controls us, and can take us out at any second.😁 We can't even beat a microscopic invader !

JB
    Puddle-pirate
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Here in the good old US of A too many people think they're staring in a John Wayne movie. Americans as a rule don't like to be told what to do. What suprises me there is certain segment of the population that doesn't trust the government be keeps voting for more government in their lives free food, housing, education, healthcare, cell phones etc. Does it mean anything in the long run? Probably not. As I like to tell my younger cell phone addicted co-workers "everyone on Facebook today will be dead in a hundred years anyway , so get over it ".
    The mortality rate of the human race is 100% - no one gets out alive... Do your best to be a decent person and be well.
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I think really good masks are the answer Bob, and make them compulsory. If you refuse to wear one in public (perhaps health dept certified) you are fined and identified as a person who does not receive medical care if you get sick. Just ridiculous in the US, with people demanding the right not to wear one,- just shows a total lack of intelligence and a lack of thought for other people. They seem to think it's funny, deliberately going into stores, just to cause a problem by not wearing a mask. That's why this virus is going to last, - because of morons like these.

If I win Lotto this week, I'm going into mask productionπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

JB
    Hillro
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I don't know if you noticed some medics are double masking.The ones we use for dust have a valve which filters intake but not exhaust. Hence the second mask.
    Best to keep out of crowded areas.
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Looks like we are in lockdown for 2 more weeks now, as the cases have not reduced enough, (was supposed to be till next Tues) Total pain in the butt. I've been saying that if we had totally effective masks, it would be a better idea, and I just found a YT vid of a virologist saying the same thing. The masks we have at present are reasonable for stopping us spreading it to others, but not much good the other way round (don't stop much getting in). Wonder why some company has not come up with a decent effective every day mask. Would be a pretty good seller I would think.

JB
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    It's going to be with us for a while Bob, that's for sure, but don't forget, testing positive for a trace of the virus may mean nothing for many people, but people with certain conditions could be affected more. (there must be a trigger somewhere) I remember my previous boss at work saying, "I've never been sick in my life" and I said to him, "You'll probably just going to drop dead one day then, if something different comes along". He didn't have an answer, so I'd be interested to see if he gets past this lot.

We are at 210 'cases' now and slowly going up, only 1 in ICU (don't know the age) Not too worried, can't do anything about it other than keeping away from people, masks etc, so not a lot of use worrying. Every time I go out and get back home, I spray my mask with Isopropyl alcohol, just in case of contamination. Felt a bit odd today, but I think that's just spring fever, (and wearing cheap backup supermarket glasses while my proper ones are having the new lenses adjusted. ) Had to happen right now, as I'll be waiting for weeks after this lockdown, and these are giving me headaches )

JB
    Hillro
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Today's figures. Not good.
    Schools back a week.
    Hillro
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    We are doomed.
    Hillro
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Just had a look.
    Since the start of recording stuff.
    We have had 380, 000 positive tests.
    8500 deaths.
    However they say 90% of the population has antibodies showing loads of people have been infected.
    However I suspect a lot of deaths would have happened anyway.
    A lot were in care homes.
    We were the same, lots of deaths due to flu, but hardly any this year.
    My daughters family all caught it last year including the grandchildren.
    The children showed no symptoms but tested positive.
    They all recovered, however when they got vaccinated the side effects were worse than the decease.
    Bob
    Show 19 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info