📝 Forward Torpedo Tube Compartment.
The instructions show the torpedo lifting beam glued to the deck head but as i am doing some changes to this model I have decided to change the Torpedo lifting equipment.
Made two beams using the plastic from a yogurt pot and glued them to the deck head.
The next job was to make two chain hoist’s, they were made from plastic sprue.
I will cut the chains to length and paint them when it all comes together towards the main assembly.
Drilled holes for the LED’s then finished the paint work.
I have discovered that spraying water based Acrylic paint onto plastic is a bit of a nightmare, (especially white paint) it seems that you have to give it lots of thin layers until you get good results.
Maybe i am doing it wrong?
Fitted all the bits and pieces and the Red and White LED’s.
The Red LED’s look clear until powered up.
I tried to make the wiring of the LED’s look like pipework and i will still have to attach the flexible wires to it later when i work out the length’s.
Done a little rust weathering but not sure at the moment how much of the exterior deck head will show.
The next job was to assemble the forward Torpedo stowage. The Torpedoes were held in place with steel strap’s so i had to make some using some thin plastic again from yogurt pots.
Done a little more weathering.
I don’t plan on going mad with the weathering on the inside of this U-boat as i am sure that a certain amount of cleaning and maintenance was done whilst on the long patrols.
Unfortunately a lot of the detail work that has to be done on this model will not be seen.