• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Model Boat Magazine
    by Nerys πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Captain)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    15 Posts 14 Replies 2 Photos 9 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Just checked my 'Digital Library'-
    Nothing since the May issue.
    Doug.
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    "checked with my newsagent and they said they would be getting the next issue on the 21st (next Thursday)."
    Hmm! The 21st is today, and nothing in sight camyaj!
    Your newsagent is probably the last to know, except perhaps we readers.πŸ€”
    Last I heard directly from publisher/distributor on 7th May is-
    "Hi Doug,
    Thank you for getting in contact.
    Due to the current suspension we have been informed that it would be for approximately 3 months at the most. This is why your subscription was extended to the 8th May 2021 rather than the original 7th February 2021. This is so you are not paying for the missing issues, please let me know if you are still wanting the remainder of your subscription to be cancelled and refunded.
    Kind Regards,
    Garrod
    Pocketmags.com
    Operations Manager
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    help@pocketmags.com | www.pocketmags.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jellyfish House, 31 London Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9SS
    Registered in England & Wales No. 3845245. VAT Number 918 0236 38"
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    camyaj
    Leading Seaman
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Seeing as Subscribers get them before they go in the shops do not see how that will happen . This was in reply to
    checked with my newsagent and they said they would be getting the next issue on the 21st (next Thursday).
    So hopefully you will get yours.
    Why no Quote choice or dates on postsπŸ‘Ž
    Ianh
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi. Whilst not quite the same, Model Boats, Model Engineer, Model Engineers Workshop and RCME have all been through various owners since the good old MAP days when they were at there peak. As an ex model engineer I noticed the change in ME after Martin Evans and LBSC died. Same with model boats without Vic Smeed. Engineerinng in Miniature was published by Tee Publishing now part of Warner.
    As we know about 12 publications are closing their doors due to Covid 19. Traplet was a different story No Money but it will be interesting to see what happens next
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    redpmg
    Commander
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Not quite the same Ian - the whole of Traplet folded - overeached themselves.
    I thought Traplet actually owned the SA outlet - not the fellow that ran it - nice guy -cant think of his name at the moment.
    With MB its just our magazine under threat - as the other titles seem to be still "profitable"
    In the end its all about money ...........and greed.
    Problem is its a shrinking market - my ex club in the UK average age was about 65 or so ten years ago -now its a lot more than that - lot of the members I knew are no longer around. Model Aircraft & Model Engineering seem to have a much wider following.
    Witness the Plan sites Outer Zone & Aerofred for Aircraft plans versus the small amount DG has been able to save on Old Boats for posterity.
    Ianh
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sounds like the same as Marine Modelling by Traplet. I have renewed my subs and only got one copy! The poor guy who was the agent in SA lost a lot of money on their plans and laser cut packs that had been ordered and paid for.
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    Colin H
    Captain
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Further updates from the editor are available on Facebook if you want to read any back issues.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Colin H
    Captain
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Doug.
    I will have to tell my news agent.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi All,
    Sorry if I dampen your hopes!😐
    Below copies of my email exchange with Pocket Mags, the online purveyors of MB magazine.
    'approximately 3 months at the most' πŸ™„ I think I'll cancel and claim the refund.
    Interesting is that I'm still receiving my copies of Modellwerft here in Munich on the dot.
    No hint of any changes, restrictions, suspension or any problem at all!
    Seems MB mag was in a shaky state anyway.πŸ€”
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    PS " I checked with my newsagent and they said they would be getting the next issue on the 21st (next Thursday)."
    Hmm! Newsagents are at the bottom of the pecking order. We'll see!

"Hi Doug,
    Thank you for getting in contact.
    Due to the current suspension we have been informed that it would be for approximately 3 months at the most. This is why your subscription was extended to the 8th May 2021 rather than the original 7th February 2021. This is so you are not paying for the missing issues, please let me know if you are still wanting the remainder of your subscription to be cancelled and refunded.
    Kind Regards,
    Garrod
    Pocketmags.com
    Operations Manager
    help@pocketmags.com | www.pocketmags.com
    Jellyfish House, 31 London Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9SS
    Registered in England & Wales No. 3845245. VAT Number 918 0236 38

On Mon, 4 May at 6:09 PM , Doug wrote:
    SUBJECT: Order # 5622930913710733418: Cancellation and partial refund.
    Type: Account Issues
    Users Email: doug-bell@xxxxxx.xx
    BODY: On 7th Feb I received following notification. "Pocketmags Your Model Boats subscription has renewed Order # 5622930913710733418 complete 07.02.2020 17:01 Uhr Your Model Boats digital subscription has renewed. Your chosen payment method has been billed €47.99. Title: Model Boats Product: Annual Recurring Subscription Price: €47.99 As a subscriber, new issues will continue to be added to your Pocketmags Library for the duration of your subscription. If you have any questions about your subscription please contact us at help@pocketmags.com"
    Since then I have received up to the May Issue (Digital) then nothing, not even any notification! Research on various Model Boat Forums shows I am not alone in this and that publication of Model Boats has been suspended and the editor fired. Thus I wish to cancel my subscription and request reimbursement, via my Paypal account, for the outstanding issues that I have already paid for, i.e. June 2020 to April 2021, which I don't now expect ever to receive. Thank you. D A Bell Munich 04.05.2020."
    Scratchbuilder
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Model Boat Magazine
    Flag
    Online: 3 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thank you Colin.
    I await the next issue in that case.
    I won’t ring and complain just yet.
    Regards Bill.πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜‡
    Bill
    Show 5 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info