• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Motivation
    by Martin555 ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Fleet Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    139 Posts 138 Replies 14 Photos 305 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Nerys,
    Even nocturnal creatures need plenty of rest.LOL!!

Stay safe.

Martin555
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    Online: 6 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Don't worry Martin, having dialysis late at night has altered our sleeping pattern and we are both virtually nocturnal. Hence odd times we work.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Nerys,
    You will have to make sure that Alice dose not burn herself out.
    She need to rest and then tackle the next bit.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    It's 1am Tuesday, Alice is in the minibus screwing on the birch ply side and rear door panels. That's what I call dedication.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Colin, yes Alice has a ham licence , she's had it since 93, but is inactive as far as transmitting is concerned. The reception etc here is not good with all the overhead power lines and things. At 71 you are far from too old to get a licence, I did about three years ago. It has been simplified in recent years and there are now three grades. I did the course and test for the first grade one just to prove I could at my age. We were going to a local radio club and they ran classes, so I had a go. To tell you the truth, I'm not that interested, When we have the camper finished, Alice plans on going up to the deserted Beacons and setting up a mobile station. No interference up there. The whole hobby has been damaged by cheap electronic equipment, ethernet powerline adaptors etc which make so much noise. The good news is that the sun spots are on the way back up, so propogation should improve.
    Yes, I might indeed call for help, you are far more experienced with this sort of build than me.
    Would be very nice if we could meet up some time, We don't live that far apart.

All the best Nerys and Alice.
    Colin H
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thats fine Nerys, I'm always here if any help is needed over the Internet.
    When we can freely travel again we must meet up and have a chat and maybe get to sail a boat or two.
    All the best, Colin and Caroline.
    PS. Is Alice a H.A.M. Radio user.
    My neighbour is and he said I could learn and get my licence . I thought at 71 I would be too old.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks for your kind words Martin. Yes she is doing a grand job,as usual. She has been varnishing the panels to line the inside today, all the insulation is in so I expect she'll have that finished in a day or two. Once she starts actual construction work I'll get some photos and post them.

Cheers, Nerys
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Many thanks for your kind offer Colin, but we have a built in electric wheelchair lift that gives me access through the stern doors. It pulls out from under the rear of the van. The idea is that I will get out of the wheelchair there, and walk to my seat up for'ard and Alice will fold the wheelchair and lash it down somewhere still to be decided. Thanks all the same.

All the best, Nerys
    Colin H
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Nerys it's always a pleasure to hear about your happy adventures, do you have room for a folding ramp, if so I have the one I removed from our ambulance when we did our conversion.
    If you want it you can have it for nothing as I don't want it anymore, it bolts to the floor wit 4 bolts and has gas rams that assist in lowering and raising.
    Let me know if you think it's for you and I'll send you some pictures.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Motivation
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks Colin. Yes that's the beauty of a biggish van you get so much better view of everything, but we needed one with a wheelchair lift for me. We looked at several which we would have preferred, but I couldn't get into them. Still I'm sure we will have a lot of good times in this one.

Cheers, Nerys
    Show 129 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info