• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    New Year
    by Nerys ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Vice Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    10 Posts 9 Replies 4 Photos 25 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    tomarack
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    All the best to everyone in the new year 2021
    Tom
    Main principle: if it is not broken - don't repair It !
    Griss
    Able Seaman
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks Martin and a Happy New Year to You
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Jb,
    I know world wide there are a lot of people that just don't get it they think it is a joke until one of them or there relatives get it.
    But i am sure that we will definitely beat this as you say it will take a bit of time but we will get there.

Stay Safe my friend.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Happy new year lads and ladesses, hope things will get better up north this year. We had our new year start with a fireworks display on the Auckland Sky Tower which was pretty crap compared to the Sydney one (links to both), but had thousands packing the down town waterfront area around the viaduct Harbour area where all the bars are (and Americas Cup Bases). Traffic jams for Africa apparently with people stuck in town for hours. It appeared that people came up from Hamilton (1.5hrs south) to party in Auckland as well, going by the southern motorway traffic.

Hope we don't get a bunch of chinflu cases out of all this to spoil everything. I wasn't about to risk anything by going into the city, and can't be bothered with crowds anyhow. Neighbours across the way had an all day Thursday to 2am Friday new years bash with heaps of people and music, so it was almost like being there. My son and his mates rent big farm house so had an all day and night Friday hooley in the paddock next door (on another mates parents farm) with a bonfire and all the associated stuff. AAh,- just like the good old days when we were allowed parties and bonfires on the beach, and the fire brigade didn't turn up and put them out like they will now, (we have the greenies/ fun police to thank for that)

Most people have gone away now so it's been a bit quiet today, just have to put up with the beach invaders over the holidays now๐Ÿ˜€ . It's not all beer and skittles down here as we are still importing live cases, which is a bit like the govt playing Russian roulette with our health, but you can still see people being cautious which is good. Anyhoo, all the best, keep safe and keep positive and I'm sure things will come right eventually,- we'll just have to learn to live with this for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmJz-vtqXg&t=69s (Sydney display) Pic is of the Viaduct Harbour bar area (virtually all bars, right around the basin, would have been sardine city on New Years' eve). 2 of the old NZ Americas Cup yachts in the pic, (now charter match racing experience boats). Sky Tower behind (328m, anyone up for doing this๐Ÿ˜ฎ- wonder if everyone has to wear plastic pants as a precaution๐Ÿ˜)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuDL7C1sEeU&feature=emb_logo

JB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmJz-vtqXg&t=69s
    ๐Ÿ”—
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuDL7C1sEeU&feature=emb_logo
    ๐Ÿ”—
    Welcome to 2021: Auckland's Sky Tower hosts spectacular fireworks show
    โ–ถ๏ธ
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Well Peter you have a bit of time it is not quite 3021 LOL!!!!

I would also like to wish all of our members a Happy New Year.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    MouldBuilder
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Happy New Year to all. 2021 will be better so let us all be ready for a big launch of all of our COVID projects in June when we will all be in a lot better position. Yes Martin, I will launch Dรผsseldorf. Promise.๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    Fireboat
    Sub-Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Stephen
    We may not be able to control the wind ๐Ÿƒ but we can always adjust our sails โ›ต - MBW Admin
    figtree7nts
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Happy New Year to everybody!

May 2021 be a better year than 2020!

No more Covid-19!

Cheers,
    "Fair winds calm Seas" 73's
    Colin H
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Well said Nerys.
    Please keep us enthralled with your posts , and may we all have a better new year.
    Wishing you and Alice the best new year you can get stuck into.
    I wonder if any of our wooden boats have dried out too much. May need to sink a few to expand the wood again.
    Wishing everyone a better new year, keep safe .
    Cheers Colin and Caroline.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ New Year
    Flag
    Online: 11 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I would love to be writing a message to all shipmates of the Model Boat Navy, wishing everyone a happy, prosperous and joyful new year, but under the circumstances to do so I feel would be almost hypocritical and the best I can do is to hope and pray for happier times in the coming year. Perhaps coronavirus will go away as quickly as it came, perhaps the various vaccines will work and roll out more quickly all around the world. Hopefully, we will all be able to visit our loved ones wherever they live and not be stopped by the police for travelling. On top of all that, in the UK, we have the prospect of Brexit and that is a massive unknown. Enough said on that subject! Let us hope that our lakes and ponds are soon open again that we may visit them and sail our boats until their bottoms wear out. Let us hope that our clubs can all hold their open days and other events once again. There is so much to hope for, but I am afraid, so many uncertainties, so all I can propose we do is to HOPE.

All the best, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info