• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Entering another place...
    by Westquay πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Commander)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    32 Posts 31 Replies 0 Photos 103 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Entering another place...
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Agreed MichaelπŸ‘
    Case closed gents and gentlewomen.
    As a final footnote:
    I would like to respectfully suggest that folks read back through what they've just typed before hitting the 'Post Reply' buttonπŸ˜‰
    I have requested the First Sea Lord to authorise the addition of generous doses of tolerance and humour to the daily Grog ration!😊
    Happy modelling FolksπŸ‘
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    mturpin013
    Commander
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Please bring this forum to a close now, the original issue has been resolved and spelling/grammar wasn't the issue. The site has people with varying skills and that includes the both practical skills and writing skills but we should all try to to be positive with our comments irrespective of the ability of the the person sharing there experience with us.
    Many thanks fellow modelers
    Newby7
    Midshipman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I must disagree with you on peoples spelling . I have a learning disability and have struggled with grammar and spelling for years so if I don't meet your standard I am sorry for you and hope you find tolerance some day .
    Rick
    Martin555
    Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I agree with Peter,
    Some of us did not get the education that others had due to factors beyond our control so as long as i can understand what a person is trying to say then that is ok.
    It is the same as skills.
    Some people are more skilful than others but we admire the fact that they try and we know that they will become more skilled as they go along.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    swanee
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sorry to disagree, but I was taught that if you write to other people bad grammar and spelling is discourteous (bad manners).
    MouldBuilder
    Captain
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I totally agree with the comments regarding unnecessary language but I draw the line at spelling and Grammar. I always understand what the author is trying to say and that, in my opinion, is more than good enough. Their is probably two much emphasis on grammer at times and I, four one, have no issues with it.
    Peter.πŸ˜€
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    swanee
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I have been following this thread with great interest, but have refrained from joining in till now.For many years I was on the committee of a model-aircraft club with many members that had an amazing level of skill but almost no social abilities whatsoeverl. Likewise a study of internet blogs will soon show that many technically able people are almost illiterate. The spelling on this site on occasions leaves a lot to be desired. The increasing use of expletives is universal but that is no reason for toleration. Personally I can swear with the best (fifty five years in the building trade), but I don't want it on here so if you can't write two words without one of them starting with 'F...' then take your foul mouth and bigoted opinions somewhere else. Thats it moan over. To end with would some contributors please learn the difference between to, too and two also their and there etc or am I being too pedantic or perhaps just an increasingly intolerant seventy six year old.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    No sweat Mike.
    Like I said; I could see it comingπŸ€” Deja vu!
    Shame really, Martin W is a clever man with years of professional experience.
    But Oh! His social skills! πŸ€”
    Re "electrickery/tronics"; it wouldn't do if we all knew the same 'stuff' would it?😁
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    mturpin013
    Commander
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Doug Many thanks for your support on this, I know my grandson will come across this type of thing but placing it in front of him in this forum isn't right.
    I also got similar support from other members by private message.
    PS In support of "electrickery/tronics" I think its an integral part of the development of the hobby making it much more interesting, I just wish I understood itπŸ€”but I'm learning.
    Newby7
    Midshipman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    We are not all going to think that one modeler's build is what we would build but we all should look at the work that went into the build and respect that regardless of how the model turns out we all know that a lot of work and hours went into building the model.
    Rick
    Show 22 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info