• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Smoke/Steam Generators.
    33 Posts ยท 14 Followers ยท 21 Photos ยท 98 Likes
    Began 2 years ago by
    Captain
    United Kingdom
    Latest Post 13 days ago by
    Fleet Admiral
    New Zealand
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ New Zealand
    ๐Ÿ“ Smoke/Steam Generators.
    36 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    There is still a post viewable which Mike T (mturpin013) did of his crash tender smoke/water system using the e-cig method (see under crash tender,- about half way down his blog,) and I think the vids at the beginning (on the pond) show how it looks in action. He used a timer module designed by Graham93 for a good effect.

JB
    Login To
    Remove Ads

pressonreguardless
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    46 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Spot On, Doug!!
    Trev
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
    Flag
    Online: 6 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Do that Trev, get your mind back๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.๐Ÿ˜Š Cheers Doug
    pressonreguardless
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    46 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    JB, You never fail to amaze.
    I thoroughly enjoy your videos, I may be even able to give up Net Flix!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    Trev
    jbkiwi
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ New Zealand
    50 Views ยท 9 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I started with an idea I had about 4 yrs ago, for a simple system which would create smoke and water from model boat exhausts, (hadn't seen it done before). I started with a Heng Long smoke unit and a water pump, with a dual tailpipe system. I went on to try vape elements (suggested by Martin) in different containers which worked quite well, but used a bit much power. Graham joined the experiments and together we came up with a good cheap reliable and simple system, (Graham also came up with some clever electronic controllers)

We had it all explained on the site about 3 yrs ago, but it seems to have been deleted. I still have videos of the different experiments I put on YT from back then, so I thought I'd add some of them here. They are from the first Heng Long tank smoker experiments to large vape tank elements in different configurations and finally to some very cheap vape pens Graham found, modified to suit ($3 ea at the time) Last vid is using this system in my HSL, with water and air/exhaust and cooling water on each side.

You require a vape pen (modified) an air pump and water pump for this type, or without a water pump for just smoke. Also required is a cheap voltage regulator, as these pens work safely on 3V. A mixture of 50% water and 50% glycerine is used. Smoke volume required can be varied with the voltage regulator.

Dainesh
    Master Seaman
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    48 Views ยท 5 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 10 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi,

I don't know guys there are smoke/steam generators which are working with pure water not necessary any special oil for them. The other thing is the heat element inside some units.
    I don't like the idea if something heated up in my boat, not mentioned if it is an oilbased something....

Yes you can buy things from the ebay or from the interne, chinese circuits etc, but you have to create a circuit (right components, because a 20V range capacitor won't be good when the peak-to peak values are higher then 80V, the same with the fet, plus you have to create the right supply voltage which has to be constant, because the NE555 circuit frequency is very sensible for the voltage changes) for it, you have to find the right frequency, etc...

There are many thing what you have to think of.

This is the reason why I offered the Denes Design Smoke Generator, because it is a connect and play robust unit. You got it, connect it, power it up, fill it up and ready to go, not mentioned it is working with pure water and creating cold smoke/steam/mist.... there is no heating element....

The design of a product like this requires a lot of pre-investigation, and design.
    If somebody would like to play with it and spend many time just do it, this can be part of the hobby too, but if you need a good quality good running robust product just buy one.

Please read the article below:
    Fred
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    49 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi One and All
    I don't use this form much now, but this popped up on my FB page, so here is my two penny's worth, I use a Simulation Smoke Generator for a Henglong 1/16 RC Tank, they are an oil type unit in place of the oil I have used smoke fluid mixed with mineral oil, this way you get a nice amount of smoke all at a good price.
    Martin 555 has seen the video of my unit working.

Fred
    That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.
    Len1
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    52 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    You can get smoke generators from harbormodels.com. He has them in different sizes and you can vary the smoke with engine speed. I have one the very large in my tug and one very small in my truck.
    He also has a very large selection of boat accessories and fittings as well as boat models. The 3D printed stuff is not so great in MHO but the rest of his stuff is good.
    LEN1
    LEN1
    Graham93
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    56 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Here's another one, this time for Ben's pipe in the rowing boat. This one still has the photos attached:

(You might have to scroll down the blog to find the post "Ben's pipe")

blogs/68795#79242
    Graham93
    Vice Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    56 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    There are several blogs on this site with details of homebuilt smoke generators. Unfortunately, some of the older blogs look to be corrupted and the photos are no longer there.

Here's a link to my Crash Tender restoration which included details of my smoker:

blogs/60819#63592
    Show 23 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info